PDA

View Full Version : CD10 =/= 20% off. CD10 = 10% off.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ArkayoDeetayo
07-06-2012, 01:34 AM
So I was playing around with $1500 worth of waxes in my cart for past 2-3 days...applied cd10% about 2 days ago and gave me $300 off...today I refreshed my cart page and my discount was only $150!

So just a heads up, CD10 no longer gives 20%, just regular 10%...sucks that was the best coupon, and I was REALISTICALLY going to buy $~400 worth of waxes over the weekend when they hopefully have FREE SHIPPING (and new BOGOs/VIP) without code so I can apply CD10...but now even with free shipping, that just kills the point of me waiting, sooo no 4th of july-ish/Mike Philips special...until Mike Philips 4th year anniversary /4th of july special

Oh, this was just a heads up to let you guys know if it affects your planning of orders ;)

swanicyouth
07-06-2012, 01:49 AM
Probably too many people used it during the last sale. I was one of the offenders. I got a deal that was too good to be true: bought sale items that were 20% off, and then got another 20% of with the code. So, a 3 oz can of Fuzion that was $50.00, ended up costing about 31 bucks, close too half price. I paid for shipping though.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?twy3xl

snellvilleauto
07-06-2012, 02:20 AM
Probably too many people used it during the last sale. I was one of the offenders. I got a deal that was too good to be true: bought sale items that were 20% off, and then got another 20% of with the code. So, a 3 oz can of Fuzion that was $50.00, ended up costing about 31 bucks, close too half price. I paid for shipping though.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?twy3xl

Me too. I hate paying shipping fee so i got $500 worth of waxes(BF,Fuzion, Souveran...20%off)+20% off code a few days ago.

So Yesterday I have $800 worth of waxes/sealants in my cart and ready to buy on July 5 at 6am. Got busy at work. July 5 at 10pm i was going to buy but then when i applied the code cd10, it give me 10%, WHAT! I tried again and same thing happened. A little disappointed w/ myself because i could have had another great deal. Anyway, without this nice coupon code. I am not gonna pull the trigger.

I'm not complaining at all. If you think about it, 20% + 10% off w/ FS is a good deal. But i COULD have a GREAT deal :)

DEXTERITY
07-06-2012, 04:54 AM
I have to imagine people constantly mentioning the code on the public forums didn't help? I was always under the impression it was the unspoken code that if you knew about it, you used it, if not, then oh well :)

Detail_Dude
07-06-2012, 06:23 AM
I have to imagine people constantly mentioning the code on the public forums didn't help? I was always under the impression it was the unspoken code that if you knew about it, you used it, if not, then oh well :)

Well said.

Bigbull2984
07-06-2012, 06:34 AM
RIP cd10 :(

Mc'lovin
07-06-2012, 06:49 AM
RIP cd10 :(

First of all, it still gives you a 10% discount... (although it's not the only one which can give you that).

Secondly, maybe I'm a complete optimist, but I hope AG will reinstate the 20% discount after the Mike Phillips sale is over... I'm guessing they couldn't afford everyone purchasing waxes and sealants in total worth of hundreds of dollars per user, and then implementing an additional 20% discount...

Hopefully it will be back soon!

Bigbull2984
07-06-2012, 08:04 AM
I realize that, it was a rhetorical comment.

First of all, it still gives you a 10% discount... (although it's not the only one which can give you that).

Secondly, maybe I'm a complete optimist, but I hope AG will reinstate the 20% discount after the Mike Phillips sale is over... I'm guessing they couldn't afford everyone purchasing waxes and sealants in total worth of hundreds of dollars per user, and then implementing an additional 20% discount...

Hopefully it will be back soon!

Setec Astronomy
07-06-2012, 08:06 AM
I thought usually coupon codes didn't work on sale or BOGO items?

Mc'lovin
07-06-2012, 08:07 AM
I realize that, it was a rhetorical comment.

Obviously...
My comment was directed at what everyone wrote :)

alko
07-06-2012, 08:37 AM
SMH....such a great discount code. It was bound to happen though. People kept putting it out on front street. People didn't use common sense when posting discount codes in threads. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for helping people out. People have helped me get where I'm at now, but there is this thing called private messaging. For those wondering why it doesn't work like it used to, think about it in AG's perspective. Granted, they advertised this discount code, yes. Maybe it was a fluke or maybe it was a hidden incentive that it was 20% off. But the fact of the matter is, not EVERYONE on this forum knew about it, only those that have seen it in the magazines. We, as the consumer, want the best deal possible. AG as the business is in it to make money.

Lesson learned...we're all here to help each other out and pay things forward...two words PRIVATE MESSAGING!

Oh...Mc'Lovin....just an fyi...they're not going to change it back. It's done.

Bigbull2984
07-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Obviously...
My comment was directed at what everyone wrote :)

That's what I thought!! :) love the cookie monster avatar. Saw a cookie monster shirt at kohls and picked it up, then the wife gave me the look of death........

I thought usually coupon codes didn't work on sale or BOGO items?
This is the only that did work.

Bigbull2984
07-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Agreeded and happy bday...

SMH....such a great discount code. It was bound to happen though. People kept putting it out on front street. People didn't use common sense when posting discount codes in threads. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for helping people out. People have helped me get where I'm at now, but there is this thing called private messaging. For those wondering why it doesn't work like it used to, think about it in AG's perspective. Granted, they advertised this discount code, yes. Maybe it was a fluke or maybe it was a hidden incentive that it was 20% off. But the fact of the matter is, not EVERYONE on this forum knew about it, only those that have seen it in the magazines. We, as the consumer, want the best deal possible. AG as the business is in it to make money.

Lesson learned...we're all here to help each other out and pay things forward...two words PRIVATE MESSAGING!

Oh...Mc'Lovin....just an fyi...they're not going to change it back. It's done.

alko
07-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the birthday wishes Bigbull!!!

Mc'lovin
07-06-2012, 09:06 AM
That's what I thought!! :) love the cookie monster avatar. Saw a cookie monster shirt at kohls and picked it up, then the wife gave me the look of death........

LOL about the kohls incident! Luckily for me, my girlfriend loves this character even more than I do.. Just has that friendly welcoming look :)