PDA

View Full Version : Was at some dealerships today. Flawless Paint- Every car

Pages : [1] 2

ShineTimeDetail
07-05-2012, 05:27 PM
So my buddy needs a new car and I went with him. The main thing I was looking at was the paint. Seems every car I went up to had absolutely flawless paint on it. Not a swirl mark or some had light swirl but not very visible. I cant see how these cars were so perfect but the wheels all had brake dust in the corners?? How does that happen? I don't understand how you could buff the car out perfect but still have brake dust in the cracks of the wheels?

I wish I knew what products these guys were using to hide these swirl marks. Call me a hack but I want to get into dealerships and these are things I need to know to make money with them. **There is a difference in selling a correction package to a customer and using fillers to achieve the results**

Also I noticed how at least 50% of the headlights were all cloudy. Makes me want to spend a day or two and go to dealerships and just sell headlight services!

RhetoricMixes
07-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Must be some really filling glazes theyre using. I see it all the time in my area, people buy a new car and then after a few washes everything looks dull and lifeless.

ShineTimeDetail
07-05-2012, 06:22 PM
I would polish it but I sure wouldn't do a 3 step process on it.

I've use sonax swirl buster- Seemed like a joke still have a full bottle
Chem Guys glossworkz- Not bad but would like to find something better.

Meticulous-Detail
07-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Must be some really filling glazes theyre using. I see it all the time in my area, people buy a new car and then after a few washes everything looks dull and lifeless.

+1

bmwgalore
07-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Glaze.. Glaze everywhere!

RhetoricMixes
07-05-2012, 06:51 PM
I mean glaze has its place but not on a customers vehicle IMO. I personally like them on my personal vehicles but i wont use them on a clients car since once the glaze is gone they will think i did nothing.

MadMerc
07-05-2012, 06:52 PM
So my buddy needs a new car and I went with him. The main thing I was looking at was the paint. Seems every car I went up to had absolutely flawless paint on it. Not a swirl mark or some had light swirl but not very visible. I cant see how these cars were so perfect but the wheels all had brake dust in the corners?? How does that happen? I don't understand how you could buff the car out perfect but still have brake dust in the cracks of the wheels?

I wish I knew what products these guys were using to hide these swirl marks. Call me a hack but I want to get into dealerships and these are things I need to know to make money with them. **There is a difference in selling a correction package to a customer and using fillers to achieve the results**

Also I noticed how at least 50% of the headlights were all cloudy. Makes me want to spend a day or two and go to dealerships and just sell headlight services!

I'll go one better (or worse). I was at a auto museum today with my Son. In their workshop they were washing a C4 Vette roadster with a nylon brush on a pole. I just don't get it.

Vegas Transplant
07-05-2012, 09:18 PM
AM products.

Flash Gordon
07-05-2012, 09:27 PM
You never see the hacked up jobs here anymore. I think most all of the dealerships have figured out using a rotary with the same dirty wool pad on 15 different cars isn't cutting it any longer

Kaban
07-05-2012, 09:40 PM
You never see the hacked up jobs here anymore. I think most all of the dealerships have figured out using a rotary with the same dirty wool pad on 15 different cars isn't cutting it any longer

:xyxthumbs: That was funny.

ShineTimeDetail
07-05-2012, 10:15 PM
AM products.

What's that?

rwright
07-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Auto Magic. They serve the automotive industry some of the finest fillers. :D

DealerDetailer
07-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Auto Magic. They serve the automotive industry some of the finest fillers. :D

This^ I know the service side used alot of their products. I even had 2 (two wheel cleaners) on my side body shop that I would only use for hideous wheels! The rest would be Adams (the dealership sells it, gotta use it when I'm told to :( ) and then I had a meguairs sales guy come in every two months see whats new and talk about "my" bay and plans.

Truth its many dealership (I know ours did) get some heavy glazes and they just filled everything in. I know the GMC Buick dealership we do their body work for does. Their getting better products now and process, but still "glazes amazes" the almost 90% of car owners, whom don't know nor most of the time you could explain to them the process of paint correction and how they got their swirls.

Vegas Transplant
07-09-2012, 06:08 PM
This^ I know the service side used alot of their products. I even had 2 (two wheel cleaners) on my side body shop that I would only use for hideous wheels! The rest would be Adams (the dealership sells it, gotta use it when I'm told to :( ) and then I had a meguairs sales guy come in every two months see whats new and talk about "my" bay and plans.

Truth its many dealership (I know ours did) get some heavy glazes and they just filled everything in. I know the GMC Buick dealership we do their body work for does. Their getting better products now and process, but still "glazes amazes" the almost 90% of car owners, whom don't know nor most of the time you could explain to them the process of paint correction and how they got their swirls.

Funny thing with AM products is that you don't have to use their "glazes" to get these results, some of their best selling "waxes" have fillers and oils...as do many OTC lsp's, that online brands shy away from.

ShineTimeDetail
07-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Funny thing is I talked to 2 am guys and they were dumb founded when I was asking for a product with fillers...they kept trying to dell me a polish.