PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Slick Mist

novaman
07-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Has anyone used Lucas Slick Mist. and what did you think of it? Also, I understand that Slick Mist is a silicone based product and what would be the ramifications of using this product and then using a wax or sealant afterwards.

Thanks,

novaman

embolism
07-05-2012, 03:48 PM
isn't it a quick detailer as opposed to a wax? I bought it cause I liked the spray bottle (it's what I use to dilute OPC now) and it's pretty good. Smells like Showtime from Mothers.

Can't say that I've noticed any bonding issues because of it.

Unless you're painting a car, I don't think you have to worry too much about silicones...

novaman
07-05-2012, 08:06 PM
isn't it a quick detailer as opposed to a wax? I bought it cause I liked the spray bottle (it's what I use to dilute OPC now) and it's pretty good. Smells like Showtime from Mothers.

Can't say that I've noticed any bonding issues because of it.

Unless you're paint nga car, I don't think you have to worry too much about silicones...Yes, that's what I heard about silicone's and painting a car. I don't really understand how it affects the painting of a car. Is it hard to get off, I wonder? As far as being a quick detailer, on the lable of the bottle I have it says "Lucas Slick Mist"/fast & easy speed wax. It claims to be able to be used on a wet or dry vehicle. So I think its a cross between a QD and a quick wax.

novaman

Rsurfer
07-05-2012, 08:16 PM
I've often wondered why anyone would be concerned about silicone and painting a car. Don't painters prep the surface before painting?
Yes, that's what I heard about silicone's and painting a car. I don't really understand how it affects the painting of a car. Is it hard to get off, I wonder? As far as being a quick detailer, on the lable of the bottle I have it says "Lucas Slick Mist"/fast & easy speed wax. It claims to be able to be used on a wet or dry vehicle. So I think its a cross between a QD and a quick wax.

novaman

builthatch
07-05-2012, 08:34 PM
silicones were mentioned re: body shop environment...

they are the devil. silicones are bad words can inadvertantly contaminate the prep and paint process very easily even with the most careful prep , so therefore they must be avoided at all costs in the shop.

Rsurfer
07-05-2012, 08:37 PM
I know what body shop safe means, but my point is if there were a silicone base product on the paint should the customer be concerned if he is using a reputable painter?
silicones were mentioned re: body shop environment...

they are the devil. silicones are bad words can inadvertantly contaminate the prep and paint process very easily even with the most careful prep , so therefore they must be avoided at all costs in the shop.

builthatch
07-05-2012, 08:44 PM
I know what body shop safe means, but my point is if there were a silicone base product on the paint should the customer be concerned if he is using a reputable painter?

oh, i see. nope, shouldn't be concerned (shop shouldn't, customer shouldn't). it's just that they won't use them there, but shops are prepared for all sorts of cars to be coming through with just about anything on them. the average reputable shop can handle that without issue.

WEST SIDE
07-06-2012, 12:58 AM
I use slick mist as a drying aid and really like it,smells good,doesn't streak and it's available over the counter which is a big plus for me.I never thought about lasting protection because I use it after every wash.

DetailElite
07-06-2012, 01:37 AM
I've used it as a drying aid also on my own vehicles. It makes the paint look really slick. I haven't used a wax or sealant on top of it, I don't believe it will cause any harm tho.

KBsToy
07-06-2012, 09:48 AM
I use slick mist as a drying aid and really like it,smells good,doesn't streak and it's available over the counter which is a big plus for me.I never thought about lasting protection because I use it after every wash.

I use it on my wifes MB and I use it on shops van and my Camaro. I use it when I dry cars and gives it a nice shine $8.95 Wall World.

As a quick detailer I use this
Finish Kare 425 Extra Slick Final Body Shine, finish care quick detailer, ultra slick detail spray (http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-425-detailer.html)