PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy PwS

ejflanag
04-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Hey guys just ordered some stuff including this PB pws. I dont know much about it just good reveiws. I have a PC and Lake country foam pads. What is the application process do you work it in? what color pad should i use grey/white. I also bought some carpet pc attachments if im scrubing my carpet what speed should i use on PC.Feed back please

ejflanag
04-03-2007, 11:21 PM
also do you need to wax after you apply PB pws. and does it just feel in scratches or eliminate them. Want to get to know this product good before i use it. CANT Wait

nick19
04-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Either pad is fine, and use on speed 4-4.5. Apply mild pressure (about 10lbs to the head of the machine). I would use UP to an orange pad, if you need it to be a bit more aggressive.

I would try the PC carpet attachments on like speed 2.5-3. If that's not working try 3.5-4. I've never used them personally.

You don't NEED to apply a wax after PwS, but you can. PwS does remove some fine swirls, but is pad dependent, meaning the more aggressive the pad you use, the more bite the product will have.

ejflanag
04-03-2007, 11:32 PM
Got ya so im going to use a grey LC pad and how long do you need to work this product in before buffing off with MF towel.

nick19
04-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Got ya so im going to use a grey LC pad and how long do you need to work this product in before buffing off with MF towel.

Until it breaks down. I haven't used the product personally, but probably a few minutes.

supercharged
04-04-2007, 05:18 AM
Hey guys just ordered some stuff including this PB pws. I dont know much about it just good reveiws. I have a PC and Lake country foam pads. What is the application process do you work it in? what color pad should i use grey/white. I also bought some carpet pc attachments if im scrubing my carpet what speed should i use on PC.Feed back please
Try it with a white LC pad, and you don't need to rewax after PwS, but I would for max finish protection.
Good luck and post some pics.

justin_murphy
04-04-2007, 06:35 AM
I've use PwS a lot. I've used it with all of the EDGE pads. My favorite pad for an all in one job is the green pad.

You can use just PwS alone. I get 6+ weeks durability out of it. Sometimes I top it with Souveran Spray wax to deepen the finish. It works very well on chrome and aluminum also.

Mike T
04-04-2007, 08:25 AM
Should you allow bonding time since it's also a sealant, before waxing?

nick19
04-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Should you allow bonding time since it's also a sealant, before waxing?
Since it's not a "true" sealant, I would say any spray wax would be fine, as both the PwS and spray wax contain small amounts of sealant and wax respectively.

You can though apply any paste or liquid wax right after applying PwS. No "wait" or "curing" time. :)

Mike T
04-04-2007, 09:52 AM
I didn't think so, but I thought I would ask.

nick19
04-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Glad I could help Mike. :cheers:

budman3
04-04-2007, 10:50 AM
PwS is a great product. The work in time is virtually unlimited. The product will not dust if you work it in too long. A good rul of thumb is to work it in until the product is pretty clear-- but that depends on what you are doing with it. If you are using it as a paint cleaner / sealant, use a polishing or finishing pad, speed below 5 and work it in fairly quickly, allow the residue to stay on paint for 20 - 30 mins. If you are trying to remove light swirls, clean the paint, and seal, use an oragne LC pad (light cut) work the product in a little longer but allow it to remain on the paint for the 20-30 minutes as well. If you have a dark colored vehicle you may get some light micromarring from the light cut pad which can be fixed by quickly going over the vehicle with a polishing pad and PwS.

I have used PwS with the rotary and PC both with LC polishing and light cut pads. The work in time is great, comparable to Optimum Polish-- but much easier to work with. I like to polish the whole car and then wait a few minutes before I wipe the residue off. This allows the sealant aspect of the product to bond to the paint efficently. You can top with anything or nothing after the PwS. I've topped with EX-P, a paste wax, and OCW with no ill effects. But don't expect the PwS to add much durability when you top because it wouldn't have time to bond. Try to keep the car out of rain for 2 days to ensure maximum durability if you are leaving it as a stand alone product. Hope this helped.

ejflanag
04-04-2007, 11:56 AM
Yes im plan on doing a basic wash then going over with PWS and light cutting pad for light imperfections. So when i apply pws i should let it stand for 20-30 mins before removing. im using this because im doing a large vehicle with good paint not many imperfections and was recomended to use this PWS. So i dont have any experience with this product and hope it works well. thanks for everyones input i now have a better understanding in how this product is to be used.