PDA

View Full Version : picked up a 32oz bottle of folex spot remover from lowes

BrandonJ
07-04-2012, 06:50 PM
less than 6 dollars and make quick work of the spots on my light colored carpet in the tundra. we have a 2 yr old and shes forever droppng a cup or something. not a trace of dirt or stains now. great product ive seen many rave about it

rider9195
07-04-2012, 07:04 PM
I have yet to try this product. But always here great things about it. Glad it worked out for you as well!

Rsurfer
07-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Best bang for the buck.
less than 6 dollars and make quick work of the spots on my light colored carpet in the tundra. we have a 2 yr old and shes forever droppng a cup or something. not a trace of dirt or stains now. great product ive seen many rave about it

Wors
07-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Yes, Folex works very good on car carpets. Most people use it with the Bissell LGM.

Armenakadino
07-05-2012, 02:54 AM
Folex is one of those products that truly deserve all the hype it gets nothings works better.

vet
07-05-2012, 08:46 AM
I just bought a gallon of it for use in my LGM, but haven't had time to use it yet. The raves here is what prompted me to get it.

tuscarora dave
07-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Nice thing about Folex is that if you don't feel like heading to a Lowe's or Home Depot for a gallon you can typically get it at a local grocery store other than Wal-Mart.

Shortspark
07-05-2012, 04:55 PM
I was on my way to Lowes and read this post just before I left. I picked up a bottle and just tried it out on a couple of spots in my living room. It worked!! Spray it on, agitate for a second (they say use your fingers but I used an old soft toothbrush), and soak up the spot (I used a small microfiber towel). Spots gone! I then tried it on a stain that nothing will touch. It is in a seldom used bedroom so no big deal but I would like to get it out. It must be tar or something. I tried Folex and the spot was too much for it and would not budge. But I am pretty sure that Folex will handle 90% of the spills and spots that most normal homes receive - and cars.

Rsurfer
07-05-2012, 07:53 PM
I then tried it on a stain that nothing will touch. It is in a seldom used bedroom so no big deal but I would like to get it out. It must be tar or something. I tried Folex and the spot was too much for it and would not budge. But I am pretty sure that Folex will handle 90% of the spills and spots that most normal homes receive - and cars.Next time your a Home Depot, try Zep Spot Shot. I had some stains that nothing would work till I tried I think it was called Spot Shot.

KBsToy
07-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Folex is one of those products that truly deserve all the hype it gets nothings works better.
:iagree::iagree::iagree:Im the MANIm the MAN

statusdetailing
07-06-2012, 11:35 AM
In professional detailing, I've found that Folex works best after steaming or extracting. If you still have a few stubborn spots that won't come up, let the carpet dry a little and then lightly mist the spot with Folex. Next, grab a white cotton towel and blot or rub until the spot is gone. Works like magic on all except the absolute worst, stubborn stains.

I've found that some spots return after extracting simply because there is so much of the stain under the surfice. This is especially true with soda and coffee spills. The more you try to extract them, the worse they get. As the carpets dry the wet stain underneath wicks up to the top of the fibers and reappears. This is why you must let the stain dry and then only lightly mist the stain with Folex in order not to rewet the spot and start the whole wicking process again.