PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Pinnacle XMT series new guy here

Swole
07-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new here. I've been lurking and learning for quite a while. I purchased a Porter Cable 7424 Xp and it came with the Pinnacle fine swirl remover 2 and the Carnuba finishing glaze. I have an orange, white, and gray pad. I've watched the "how to videos" and have read a bunch of info from the forums, but can't figure out how to use this product combo correctly. It seems I may have gotten the wrong product, since not
many people use the Swirl remover 2.

Last night on my test area I applied Swirl remover 2 to a light orange cutting pad, did my passes and it seemed to create "micro swirls" I followed that up by trying the Swirl remover 2 on an white pad, than gray. The swirls got a little better, but we're still there. I applied the glaze, hoping it would cover the micro swirls and it helped just a little.

Basically I need help in determining what product and pad to use in which order. I also have Meguiars cleaner wax 6. My car is only 3 years old and the paint isn't too bad, I just wanted to get the light scratches and swirls out along with some water spots. Also I did the wash, and clay before. Thank you in advanced.

Bunky
07-05-2012, 07:16 PM
You will likely need to finish with a finishing pad (the LC black/gray) and a finishing polish. For example, Wolfgang Finishing Glaze or the XMT equivalent.

However, the marring could be caused by less than ideal technique (under or over polishing (polish not broken down or dry buffing), too much pressure, etc) besides wrong pad.