PDA

View Full Version : Question on Optimum Power Clean

RandyD
07-04-2012, 02:27 PM
I have Opti-Seal on my wheels. If I clean them with OPC will that remove or diminish the Opti-seal protection at all? Also what if the wheels had Opti-Coat, would OPC effect Opticoat?

Thanks

Perfections
07-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Optiseal yes it will diminish the protection slowly, opti coat is not affected by power clean once the coating is cured.

ShineTimeDetail
07-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Optiseal yes it will diminish the protection slowly, opti coat is not affected by power clean once the coating is cured.

Really? You can use cleaners on wheels with opti coat?

embolism
07-04-2012, 02:52 PM
is optiseal that strong? I would think that one time use of OPC would be enough to strip it...

I use OPC at 3:1 to strip my sealant before I change it to something else... hasn't failed me yet

embolism
07-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Really? You can use cleaners on wheels with opti coat?

you can but you don't have to

I just use regular car soap and water to clean my OC coated wheels

As for the part where the dust isn't supposed to stick to the OC however, well....let's just say it comes off easier... haha

Perfections
07-04-2012, 03:10 PM
is optiseal that strong? I would think that one time use of OPC would be enough to strip it...

I use OPC at 3:1 to strip my sealant before I change it to something else... hasn't failed me yet

2-4 times will completely strip old formula opti seal at 3:1 pc, havent tested new version enough to say, and yes you can use pretty much any cleaner out there and not damage opti coat once it's cured. But you really don't need cleaners due to how opti coat releases contaminates, soap and water is about it :)