PDA

View Full Version : How to sell paint correction when people don't know what that is?

davidc11291
07-04-2012, 02:03 PM
How do you market and sell your paint correction services? The average person sees swirls and just thinks that that's what paint looks like. How do you explain what the paint is supposed to look like and then sell the correction service? Or does most of your correction work come from people who come in specifically looking for paint correction?

Danathin
07-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Test spot for free.

A.P.A.D.
07-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Test spot for free.

:iagree: and on the opposite side as the gas cap so it looks like it is another gas cap door. did that once and the guy drove around for a week and decided to have the whole car done. :dblthumb2:

AutowerxDetailing
07-04-2012, 04:59 PM
:iagree: and on the opposite side as the gas cap so it looks like it is another gas cap door. did that once and the guy drove around for a week and decided to have the whole car done. :dblthumb2:

I've thought about doing this... Does anyone ever get mad that there is a tiny area on their car that looks totally different than the rest of their car? I have a feeling I would get that one crazy person who would demand their entire car be polished for free to match the test spot...

Buckskincolt
07-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Seems to me a portfolio of 50/50 photos and before and after pictures would work well, with less risk and liability!:buffing:

Meticulous-Detail
07-04-2012, 05:26 PM
I put pics of almost every car I do on my website and have a folder on my iPhone too.

bmwgalore
07-04-2012, 06:58 PM
If you do a free test spot, you'll have to do the entire panel too... No one is going to drive around with a odd shiny spot on a dirty car.. I know I wouldn't accept it.

Flash Gordon
07-04-2012, 07:54 PM
I try to feel the customer out as to what their needs are (ask questions). If the swirls don't bother them, there is no need for me to try to upsell that. Especialy if they are going to keep practicing their same wash routine. Its a waste of my time and their money