PDA

View Full Version : testing

Largebore
07-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Anyone know how to upload multiple images ?
This is a close up of a quarter size spot on my Jet Black BMW, color is off on photo due to reflections of blue sky. These white dots will not come out even with clay. Any idea what they are ?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/SPOT.jpg

rider9195
07-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Does it feel rough? Might be over spray.

Largebore
07-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Does it feel rough? Might be over spray.

No it is very smooth...

swanicyouth
07-04-2012, 01:20 PM
It looks like that's in the front next to the BMW emblem. Could it be "sandblasted" from dirt/rocks hitting the paint while driving? Or, is it definitely on top of the paint? Did you try clay?

Largebore
07-04-2012, 01:22 PM
It looks like that's in the front next to the BMW emblem. Could it be "sandblasted" from dirt/rocks hitting the paint while driving? Or, is it definitely on top of the paint? Did you try clay?

No it is on the rear quarter panel near the roof line. It does not look like stone chips.

RoadRageDetail
07-04-2012, 01:44 PM
When did you notice it? Has the car ever been repainted?

Largebore
07-04-2012, 01:54 PM
When did you notice it? Has the car ever been repainted?

About a year ago, It has not changed in appearance, I thought it was wax embedded in the some pitting but it stays white even with clay and eraser.

RoadRageDetail
07-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Bingo. Looks like a bond issue between top layer of primer and base coat of paint. Like someone touched it with their bare hands or got some kind of oily residue on that spot prior to the booth. Fits the description. Unfortunately if I'm right, there's nothing you can do about it with a machine. It would have to be resprayed. I'd just live with it unless it gets worse if I were you.

Largebore
07-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Bingo. Looks like a bond issue between top layer of primer and base coat of paint. Like someone touched it with their bare hands or got some kind of oily residue on that spot prior to the booth. Fits the description. Unfortunately if I'm right, there's nothing you can do about it with a machine. It would have to be respected. I'd just live with it unless it gets worse if I were you.

Thank you.. As long as it stays the same I will just consider it a good way to id the car in a crowded mall parking lot.