PDA

View Full Version : Detailing plan for a Honda CRZ

honda.crz.nsbp
07-04-2012, 06:26 AM
After some good feedback from the autogeek forum community members, I've decided on the following detail plan for my relatively new Honda CRZ (in north shore blue pearl):

Day 1
1. Wash with Meguiar's Gold Class shampoo.
2. Clay using ONR as a lubricant.
3. Apply Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer to remove any LSP remaining.
4. Apply Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 on the body panels.

Day 2
1. Apply Wolfgang Fuzion on the body panels.
2. Apply Wolfgang Metalwerk Metal Sealant on my wheels.

For this round of detailing, I'm going to forgo polishing because I'm pretty happy with the condition of my paint. At this point, I think I'll be fairly comfortable using the mentioned products (via hand application), with the exception of the Wolfgang Metalwerk Metal Sealant. Does anyone have any experience with this or similar products? I bought it on a bit of a whim and didn't read too much into it.

Any comments on my detailing plan or advice on product use would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, all!

mjlinane
07-04-2012, 06:47 AM
You normally would either paint cleanse or polish. Even if you did both, the less aggressive would be last. Pre-polish stripping is done pre-wash with an APC or with an Eraser or IPA wipedown before polishing (and after).

rider9195
07-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Looks like a good start. With the metal sealant it's no different than apply a paint sealant to your car.