PDA

View Full Version : Malco products

wilkey
04-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Has any one every tried the Malco products ? If so how did you like ?
Chris
Louisville Ky
Feed back please

nick19
04-03-2007, 08:17 PM
It's been discussed before... no one here has any experiences with them.

shadybreal
04-03-2007, 09:04 PM
I was able to get my hands on some while in PA w/ the guys from Edge. I really like their stuff. They have some good spray waxes, and the also have the Presta line of compounds which some argue as one of the best. Very cheap too!

ltoman
04-03-2007, 10:52 PM
umm, i don't think you are permitted to go there here - it is the ag forum......

Nuke33
04-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Never heard of them

supercharged
04-04-2007, 05:15 AM
Chris
Louisville Ky
Feed back please
Please notice that your new posts, asking about products that AG doesn't carry might be considered as spam.
Now back to the topic, no, I never tried them, and not looking forward to. It's too expensive. Pinnacle broducts always worked for me.

trhland
04-04-2007, 05:53 AM
i would use them if i were detailing for profit do to there low cost. the guys around here use there stuff for there details .im sure its a lower grade then pinnicle line.lets face it a gallion of pinnicle wax is 100 bucks compared to malco thats like 20 bucks. so what do you think is better?? for instince im a landscaper im not going to use top of the line fertilizer. im going to use a high volume company fertilizer. that works fine for my customers. any way to cut back on my over head ya know!!

StephenK
04-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Chris
Louisville Ky
Feed back please

used them at a dealership about 8 years ago. gave decent results. much better than stuff dealership was using.

r_wain
04-04-2007, 12:42 PM
i would use them if i were detailing for profit do to there low cost. the guys around here use there stuff for there details .im sure its a lower grade then pinnicle line.lets face it a gallion of pinnicle wax is 100 bucks compared to malco thats like 20 bucks. so what do you think is better?? for instince im a landscaper im not going to use top of the line fertilizer. im going to use a high volume company fertilizer. that works fine for my customers. any way to cut back on my over head ya know!!

Higher prices doesn't always mean better quality...especially when it come to car care products. I disagree that pinnacle is better because it cost more.

trhland
04-04-2007, 03:28 PM
from what all the guys here that use pinnicle they all say its the best out there. even on other sites they agree its the best. so yes i believe it is better then high volume waxes. most high volume waxes contain cheaper ingredients . there for they cost less. theres no way a gallion of wax for 20 bucks is as high end as pinnicle wax.

flyinbryan
04-09-2007, 06:25 PM
I have some compound and one thing of wax, have not tried the compound yet, but e-mail me if you have any intrest in getting some from me I have 16 quarts lol

Flyinbryan4852003@yahoo.com

Junebug
04-20-2007, 02:43 PM
I agree price dosen't equal quality, I have been to too many car shows where you couldn't tell if it was some expensive overpriced carnuba or Natty's. That said, 97% of the look is achieved by the prep work and just because AG doesn't sell it doesn't mean it's inferior. AG would do well if they could sell Presta and finally get the FULL line of Edge pads - the wool ones, hint hint! I currently have over $1,200.00 worth of boutique, OTC and products from paint stores and guess what, the differences in function and results are all about the same, some cost more, some are finicky (Megs) and some just plain suck (WG - the whole line except for the sealant and DG 105 is better and costs much less). But, please don't take my word for it, buy a bunch and find out on your own dime.

turbos17
04-20-2007, 03:34 PM
But, please don't take my word for it, buy a bunch and find out on your own dime.

ROFL! :D :cheers: :awesome:

I to try a lot of products too. If money ain't an issue then get the most expensive. But for me being a college student and starting a side detailing business I definitely have to cutt cost and be vey selective on my items. Once it gets going full tilt then I can use more of the elite and more pricey stuff.

flyinbryan
04-23-2007, 06:23 AM
I have 4 bottles of each of the compounds and just the one bottle of wax.
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/5866/173ut9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Junebug
04-25-2007, 10:46 AM
The sad part is - after college, then you settle down, get married, have kids and have LESS money!! I took the time to compare two popular brands, XMT and Optimum, the prices were from AG. XMT#4 is $1.25 per oz, OC is 53 cents --XMT360 is $1.25 per oz and Poliseal is 62 cents. Guess what I'm buying...