PDA

View Full Version : You know you have a detailing obsession when...

TS656577
07-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Okay guys, I was in my grandmother's funeral procession the other day (RIP Grandma, I'll always miss you). The magnets they put on your hood made me gringe the second I saw them go on. I actually cut up a mf that I always have in my car and put it under the magnet (they're pretty strong) and then requested that he did not put the magnets on the side doors. As I saw them removing them, they were sliding the magnets across the paint. It may sound insensitive given the situation but I couldn't help it. Besides, my grandmother wouldn't want me to ever be upset, no matter what the circumstance.

Y2KSVT
07-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I ran into the same situation about 9 years ago when my grandmother passed. I was the lead car and, without question, they slapped the magnetic flag on top of my car.

On a similar note, I love Culver's food, but I've had some of their drive thru employees place the little number tag right on my side mirror. If I didn't already dislike my car, I would have been a little upset about it. Anymore, just because I know it's coming, I'll have them hand me the number so I can carefully place it on my window as opposed to the painted mirror.