PDA

View Full Version : Dent removal...

ALLN1WASH
07-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Hey, ive been approached by several clients over the past 5 years about this paint less dent removal. Today I was actually detailing a vehicle in a parking lot and just so happens a local dent removal guy was there also. From what I saw, the process seemed to doable.

Anyone here offer this service?

How hard is the learning curve?

What do I need to get started?

Are there any classes to learn the correct techniques?

Any info will greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Agfan
07-02-2012, 10:34 PM
There are tons of techniques and knowledge needed to do this. It isn't a matter of putting a metal stick behind a panel and pushing. That being said it is doable but takes a lot of practice. It took me about a year to learn. And I'm still learning new things everyday.

ALLN1WASH
07-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the input agfan... Trust me buddy, I am completely aware that this isn't going to be an over night thing. Just like any specialized trade, its gonna take some time/practice to finally "get it". If you don't mind me asking, what type of system are you using?

brlukosk
07-03-2012, 09:49 AM
I'd suggest looking into glue pulling.

I have a cheap kit that comes with 2 different temp glues and a simple twist puller with some tabs. I've taken out and at least reduced some deeper dings with good results. You could take it to the professional level with a lot of practice and pro level tools, like a slide hammer.

I've found the hardest part is after you end up pulling the dent, you need to level the high spots with a tap down tool.

I printed out a lined card so you can actually see the imperfections on the panel. Works well.