PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax - Any cleaning agents?

honda.crz.nsbp
07-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Hi, guys. I'm thinking of playing around this weekend with a spare hood I have. The plan is to use different sealants I have laying around (Wolfgang and Klasse) and top them off with some Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax I was given (I'm a bit curious how each will look, on its own and in combination). But before I do this, I've been trying to find out if the Meguiar's liquid wax has any cleaning agents in it. If so, I guess that would defeat the purpose of topping off. Do you guys know of Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax contains any cleaning agents?

Thanks in advance, guys.

Jaretr1
07-02-2012, 09:53 PM
I dont think it does. However, its not an actual wax. It is a synthetic wax, much like the sealants you mention. Using it to top a polymer sealant is somewhat redundant in my opinion. The reason people "top" a sealant with a carnuba wax is to get the benefit of the protection a sealant yet get the depth and richness of a carnuba. There is no harm in having fun with the above products, but perhaps you might want to try using each of them separately and see how they compare and last independantly of each other.

BillE
07-03-2012, 07:40 AM
This isn't what you asked, but Ill add...

If you use Megs Ult Liquid, apply THIN!!! So thin it will appear that you have not applied anything.

Bill

willtothewong
07-04-2012, 04:19 PM
I can't wait to try this wax.

I've been using the combo of:

Wash: Meg's Ultimate Wash and Wax
Wax: Meg's Ultimate Quick Wax

I think the ultimate liquid wax will only make things better.

FUNX650
07-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Meguiars Ultimate Wax Liquid, [G18216]
Form: Liquid
Date Info Verified: 2011-04-28
MSDS Verified Date: 2011-04-05
MSDS Date: 2010-10-08

Ingredients from MSDS/Label:

Chemical.........................................C AS#/Unique ID.....Percent
-Polydimethylsiloxanes (Silicon oil)............063148-62-9.....3-7%
-Distillates, petroleum, hydrotreated light...064742-47-8.....1-5%
-Naphtha, petroleum, hydrotreated heavy...064742-48-9.....10-30%
-Non-hazardous ingredient(s)...............999999-57-5.....60-80%

Now about those non-hazardous ingredient(s):

(CAS Registry Numbers are assigned by the Chemical Abstracts Service, a division of the American Chemical Society.
They have assigned ID numbers (with 6 leading zeros or nines, e.g., 000000-xx-x or 999999-xx-x)
for blends and chemicals that do not have CAS numbers.)

So...Going on that information...

The MSDS for:
CAS No./ID No... 999999-57-5 = Non-hazardous ingredient(s)

Date when validity of MSDS was last verified.
Date verified: June 20, 2012

Product: Marble Poultice
Purpose of product.
Usage: Marble cleaner

Manufacturer:
A CA. company

I'm not saying this is a 'bad thing', or not...If, indeed, this is exactly what Meguiar's is using as their: "Unique-ID-ingredient(s)", or not.

What sayeth thee, OP?

:)

Bob

ScottB
07-04-2012, 09:53 PM
I think most Megs waxes sold at retail (Target, Walmart) have a minor cleaner or polish in it other than their professional series. Kinda like an AIO product.

FUNX650
07-04-2012, 10:26 PM
I think most Megs waxes sold at retail (Target, Walmart) have a minor cleaner or polish in it other than their professional series. Kinda like an AIO product.

Just wondering if the above qualifier should have included that this applies to the Meg's Consumer product-lines A & G...no matter where they are sold?

If not, how about other retailers than those listed?

For example:

Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax, polymer wax, best car wax, Ultimate Wax (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-ultimate-wax.html)

Just curious, that's all.

:)

Bob