PDA

View Full Version : Weight..

luv a shine
07-02-2012, 08:42 PM
I know you put down 15lbs of pessure with a DA. How much with a flex pe14????

rider9195
07-02-2012, 08:48 PM
I would put little to no pressure down. Let the power of the machine do the work.

luv a shine
07-02-2012, 08:54 PM
You again

bl3ujay07
07-02-2012, 09:26 PM
I would put little to no pressure down. Let the power of the machine do the work.

I dont own a flex but i am curious though. If you apply little to no pressure, is it really doing anything because my gg6 will rotate and oscillate without putting any pressure. Wouldn't you need to apply some, if not the same amount to actually get the polish to create some friction and not just let it glide on the vehicle??

rider9195
07-02-2012, 09:33 PM
I dont own a flex but i am curious though. If you apply little to no pressure, is it really doing anything because my gg6 will rotate and oscillate without putting any pressure. Wouldn't you need to apply some, if not the same amount to actually get the polish to create some friction and not just let it glide on the vehicle??

I would just apply little pressure compared to a DA polisher. You have a good point though.

builthatch
07-02-2012, 09:36 PM
is there a way to make sure it's rotating? like, on a DA, i have a thick sharpie line on all of my backing plates to monitor rotation. i know the flex is different though - i haven't ever looked into them in all these years, lol.

Buckskincolt
07-02-2012, 09:57 PM
is there a way to make sure it's rotating? like, on a DA, i have a thick sharpie line on all of my backing plates to monitor rotation. i know the flex is different though - i haven't ever looked into them in all these years, lol.
A PE 14 is a rotary so you can't stop it.

builthatch
07-02-2012, 10:43 PM
A PE 14 is a rotary so you can't stop it.

ohhh, i thought we were talking about one of the DAs - i know nothing about the line. OP i'd treat it like any other rotary then and use little to no add'l weight past that of the machine itself...just keep moving though!