PDA

View Full Version : I just don't get it??

WRAPT C5Z06
07-02-2012, 04:10 PM
I've read reviews for 3 different car wash soaps and 99% of the feedback is good, with the exception of that 1 review(for each shampoo) that said it stripped away their wax. All of these shampoos are pH neutral, so I don't see how they can strip wax. Thoughts?

rider9195
07-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Many factors here. What LSP was applied, was it applied properly, how long ago was it applied, how was it maintained, and how much soap did the person use per gallon. The list could go on. Every product will have those couple of less stellar reviews. Most likely due to user error in my opinion.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Many factors here. What LSP was applied, was it applied properly, how long ago was it applied, how was it maintained, and how much soap did the person use per gallon. The list could go on. Every product will have those couple of less stellar reviews. Most likely due to user error in my opinion.
My thinking, too.

Agfan
07-02-2012, 04:33 PM
They probably didn't use suggested ratio. Go figure.

Flash Gordon
07-02-2012, 04:47 PM
A lot has to depend on how long you let the soap dwell on the surface

DetailElite
07-02-2012, 04:57 PM
They probably didn't use suggested ratio. Go figure.

:iagree:

Wheelzntoys
07-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Maybe the base was contaminated, means short lasting LSP.

A-train
07-02-2012, 05:23 PM
They could have just been maintaing the lsp coat with some qd or spray wax, meanwhile it was degrading underneath, they notice no beading after the wash and assume the soap stripped it.

mg6045
07-02-2012, 06:30 PM
also, a lot of shampoo's make the car sheet water with there conditioners (or whatever they are) that are added. a LOT of people perceive this as changing there LSP. Minimal beading means the shampoo stripped the wax in most poeple's opinion. A lot of idiots write reviews. Especially the "quick" reviews that are anonymous.

swanicyouth
07-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Maybe they have detergents in them that can strip wax, but the pH is titrated to neutral.

Dr Oldz
07-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Well to answer your question Mark.... One it depends on the vehicles past and more importantly who is doing the review and why they are doing it.

dad07
07-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Well to answer your question Mark.... One it depends on the vehicles past and more importantly who is doing the review and why they are doing it.

Jim makes a valid point here!

Toy_Cam_Ed
07-02-2012, 10:37 PM
A lot of idiots write reviews. Especially the "quick" reviews that are anonymous.
Agreed. There are products that are proven winners, and even if 99% of the reviews were glowing, there will always be 1or 2 people claiming it is junk and doesn't work. Ignore these people and check out what the majority has to say about it. In my experience, if 80% of the reviewers give it 4 stars or better, chances are it is a good product.

One of the funniest video reviews I saw (it was actually sad) was a guy who bought Nu-Finish scratch remover, dabbed it on the scratches and just wiped it off without buffing out the scratches. Then claimed it didn't work. :doh: There will always be clueless people writing reviews.