PDA

View Full Version : New happy member

kenbals
07-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Hi everyone. New guy here.:) Ive been detailing my car and family cars for about 8 yrs.

I recently recieved a portercable.(gift) thats when i realized i have been wasting time and creating sweat.lol

ive recently did my acura from watching how-vids from mike using wolfgang prod just to see. Amazing! i do delivery work fulltime and recently showed off my work through pics at a golfcourse where they see me weekly.(Which i will upload asap.) I got 2 jobs.yeah me.

This was much thought out as i made a price guide and sent to phone. I think a new door opened.

One question off the bat. lol client has a show car with single stage paint. i found it it means no clear. Any special tecniques i should know? off the bat i was stuck.

I responded by saying i will look into it and let you know if i can.

Thanks everyone.

Kenny

Sent from my Android Communication Device using AG Online

rider9195
07-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Welcome to Autogeek Online Kenny!

I would check out Mike's How to articles. I know he has a couple of threads on tips of how to create a show car finish on an older single stage paint.

BobbyG
07-02-2012, 04:05 PM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online Ken! :props:

What you'll find here:

Outstanding forum
Knowledgeable Staff
The best products available anywhere
Customer service 2nd to none
Finest members anywhere

Mike Phillips
07-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

Hi everyone. New guy here.:) Ive been detailing my car and family cars for about 8 yrs.

I recently received a porter cable.(gift) thats when i realized i have been wasting time and creating sweat. lol

Sounds about right, I posted something about your exact comment in bold above earlier today here,

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/51798-looking-detail-my-truck-first-time.html

One question off the bat. lol client has a show car with single stage paint. i found it it means no clear. Any special techniques i should know? off the bat i was stuck.

I responded by saying i will look into it and let you know if i can.

Thanks everyone.

Kenny

IF it's a show car with single stage paint, chances are the paint itself, as is the actual matrix of paint is in good shape and just needs surface defects dealt with.

See this thread as it deals with sprucing up a 950 Red Mercury with single stage paint.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/52211-detailing-1950-mercury.html (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/52211-detailing-1950-mercury.html)

Now if the paint has oxidized and turned chalky, then you're going to want to take a more careful approach if preserving the paint is important to the owner of the show car. See this article,

The Secret to Removing Oxidation and Restoring a Show Car Finish to Antique Single Stage Paints (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/25304-secret-removing-oxidation-restoring-show-car-finish-antique-single-stage-paints.html)

:buffing:

kenbals
07-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Thanks everyone. Bout to start doing some article reading/learning. The paint is not oxidized at all. Its a show queen that I thought was beautiful until the sun hit. Its a repainted roadrunner with only single stage paint.(not sure of yr as of yet). its just has marring and swirls. Thanks for the links.

Sent from my Android Communication Device using AG Online

beeline66
07-02-2012, 06:38 PM
After two years part time; I started full time last September and taught myself everything from this site. although I don't use many of the products here the videos are top notch. I made many mistakes. Believe it or not my first paid detail was a 2009 BMW sport coupe. He loved it. I found that what you see the customer almost never see's. Do your own cars first like I did and then your friends and family for free if you have too just to get a feel of what detailing is all about, and never, I mean never use a rotary! You'll be sorry. :dblthumb2: Just my 2 cents.

beeline66
07-02-2012, 06:47 PM
I take the product remark back. I see that auto geek now sells chemical guys detailing products. I am almost exclusively a chemical guy user with the exeception of mequire's marine line.:pc7424:

Bunky
07-03-2012, 05:50 AM
Welcome !!

Meghan
07-03-2012, 07:05 AM
:welcome: