PDA

View Full Version : Menz finishing polishes

Largebore
07-02-2012, 12:33 PM
What are the practical differences between the 3 Menz finishing polishes?

PO106FA
PO87MC
PO854U

Mc'lovin
07-02-2012, 01:33 PM
I'm not sure I'm familiar with PO854U (perhaps PO85U?), but in general, they differ in how aggressive they cut, and how glossy they finish.

There's a good table that sums these differences on AG's website, which you may find on this link:

Menzerna, Menzerna Polishing Compounds Products, Menzerna FMJ, menzerna polishes, menzerna car polish, menzerna nano polish, menzerna final polish, (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-of-germany.html)

Largebore
07-02-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm not sure I'm familiar with PO854U (perhaps PO85U?), but in general, they differ in how aggressive they cut, and how glossy they finish.

There's a good table that sums these differences on AG's website, which you may find on this link:

Menzerna, Menzerna Polishing Compounds Products, Menzerna FMJ, menzerna polishes, menzerna car polish, menzerna nano polish, menzerna final polish, (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-of-germany.html)

Yes, PO85U

Thank you, but regarding the specs, they are almost indentical on the table.
While i can see the distinctions I am not sure what difference it makes.
The real question is in real life why use one over the other and in what circumstances?

Mc'lovin
07-03-2012, 02:16 AM
I'm not sure I can offer any reliable advice on 87MC and 85U because I have never used these products.
From a quick search here and on other forums, some claim that 85U has a longer working time than 106FA, so it could be the better choice if you are performing a two-step polish with PG1000 in the beginning, since you'll have more time to remove haze, swirls etc. plus even though it gives a finish with less gloss than 106FA, it won't be that noticeable, especially on lighter paints (again, this is what other users wrote, not my opinion).

I couldn't find any valuable information on 87MC (This of course does not mean that people don't like it, or that it's not suitable for your needs).

In general, I think you should elaborate which job do you need to polish for so people here can advise better.
And if you want my opinion - 106FA is an extremely good finishing polish and is probably the most popular of Menzerna's in its category. On soft paints, it does an amazing job as a one step polish.

Good luck :)

Largebore
07-03-2012, 06:31 AM
In some cases I would be using it is the second step after Super Intensive and in some cases I would use it as a one step to clean up daily driver wear and tear. I will always jewel afterwards.