PDA

View Full Version : Product line.

luv a shine
07-01-2012, 09:35 PM
I have a product line from a comp. out of Venice,fl that runs a truck in Naples. There called mark supply. I call the supply guy and it takes about a week for him to get back to me. Second thing, I did a black Lexus is350 last week . Swirl ,rids, holo. Remove . The car looked amazing after I did the job. I saw the car a week later and all the stuff I corrected was back. I am thinking all of there polishes are glazes. There waxes last about a mouth and..........They have great cleaner(wheels,bug and tar...).

What line would you recommend ???

rider9195
07-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Blackfire, Optimum, Meguiar's, Chemical Guys, Menzerna.

luv a shine
07-01-2012, 09:51 PM
I have herd menzurna is great,I have CG stuff comming in Tuesday , Megs is such a name.

luv a shine
07-02-2012, 06:47 AM
Oh I forgot the USA is a Spanish speaking country .

BobbyG
07-02-2012, 07:13 AM

NOT!!

HA! Nice try, we shouldn't have to press 1 for anything!

luv a shine
07-02-2012, 07:18 AM
I asked a simple question and everyone ripped on my. I am sorry I didn't win the spelling bee.

MadMerc
07-02-2012, 07:49 AM

Actually, where I live it's Polish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AG Online

tuscarora dave
07-02-2012, 08:10 AM
There is a lot to learn along the way as far as detailing products are concerned. I personally had tried a bunch of consumer line products first, then I worked with Poorboy's World Products for a few years and tried to learn as much about using Meg's 105 while using the Poorboy's stuff. I read tons of articles by Mike Phillips, went to the Poorboy's World Detailing Weekends to learn as much as I could. Eventually with lots of practice and gained experience I went the the Poorboy's Detailing Weekends and found myself teaching a lot of the newcomers that showed up there.

Finally I started studying Kevin Brown's writings and practicing the tips I found there about using Meg's 105 and Meg's D-151. Once I got through the learning curve of M-105, I have no desire to use anything else. It cuts fast and finishes well, can be had locally from a lot of different suppliers, and finishes pretty clean without a bunch of glaze like fillers.

The results you end up getting will be directly proportional to the effort, thought and practice you put in to what you are doing. Keep testing different products, keep inspecting the true condition of the paint before going to wax or sealant, keep an open mind and don't fear going outside of the box on certain things and you'll find what works best for you in the end.

A lot of folks use IPA or other final inspection types of solvents to reveal the true condition of the paint after doing the correction work. After you get a good feel for a product, certain paint densities and more importantly, you're process of working with your chosen products you'll pretty much know what is happening between the pad and the paint, and you'll know when to stop the machine and go with your chosen LSP. It still doesn't hurt to check your results though.

I think it comes down to how much the customer wants to pay, dictating how much effort and expertise you will want to put into a job. I have different products/processes for different levels of correction and they are all directly related to the amount of money the customer wants to spend, after I have given them my suggestions and informed them of the shortcomings of the cheaper services. So I have a place for a glaze type of compound/polish (for me it's Mothers Machine Glaze using foam pads) MMG can't be beat for the quick turnaround of wholesale work, and using foam pads ensures that unsightly wool pad holograms don't reveal themselves after a few washes. Then I have my customers who want and don't mind paying for the true paint corrections. These cars get the higher priced products and processes.

I hope this helps you out some. Don't get discouraged when someone gives you a hard time on these forums. If I hadn't grown thick skin to the nonsense of some of the people who chose to just offer negativity instead of trying to contribute something, I surely wouldn't have gotten this far. Keep your head up. :dblthumb2:

Paul Mitchell
07-02-2012, 12:54 PM
There is a lot to learn along the way as far as detailing products are concerned. I personally had tried a bunch of consumer line products first, then I worked with Poorboy's World Products for a few years and tried to learn as much about using Meg's 105 while using the Poorboy's stuff. I read tons of articles by Mike Phillips, went to the Poorboy's World Detailing Weekends to learn as much as I could. Eventually with lots of practice and gained experience I went the the Poorboy's Detailing Weekends and found myself teaching a lot of the newcomers that showed up there.

Finally I started studying Kevin Brown's writings and practicing the tips I found there about using Meg's 105 and Meg's D-151. Once I got through the learning curve of M-105, I have no desire to use anything else. It cuts fast and finishes well, can be had locally from a lot of different suppliers, and finishes pretty clean without a bunch of glaze like fillers.

The results you end up getting will be directly proportional to the effort, thought and practice you put in to what you are doing. Keep testing different products, keep inspecting the true condition of the paint before going to wax or sealant, keep an open mind and don't fear going outside of the box on certain things and you'll find what works best for you in the end.

A lot of folks use IPA or other final inspection types of solvents to reveal the true condition of the paint after doing the correction work. After you get a good feel for a product, certain paint densities and more importantly, you're process of working with your chosen products you'll pretty much know what is happening between the pad and the paint, and you'll know when to stop the machine and go with your chosen LSP. It still doesn't hurt to check your results though.

I think it comes down to how much the customer wants to pay, dictating how much effort and expertise you will want to put into a job. I have different products/processes for different levels of correction and they are all directly related to the amount of money the customer wants to spend, after I have given them my suggestions and informed them of the shortcomings of the cheaper services. So I have a place for a glaze type of compound/polish (for me it's Mothers Machine Glaze using foam pads) MMG can't be beat for the quick turnaround of wholesale work, and using foam pads ensures that unsightly wool pad holograms don't reveal themselves after a few washes. Then I have my customers who want and don't mind paying for the true paint corrections. These cars get the higher priced products and processes.

I hope this helps you out some. Don't get discouraged when someone gives you a hard time on these forums. If I hadn't grown thick skin to the nonsense of some of the people who chose to just offer negativity instead of trying to contribute something, I surely wouldn't have gotten this far. Keep your head up. :dblthumb2:

Great post Dave. I thought this was a detailing forum and not an English Grammar forum. It''s always amazed me what people will write on a forum but would not say in person. This forum, and all others, need more people like you. Keep up the good work!

Nick McKees37
07-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Let's keep this friendly guys. Bashing other members is not welcome at AGO. :dblthumb2:

Mike Phillips
07-02-2012, 01:01 PM
Don't get discouraged when someone gives you a hard time on these forums.

Luckily AutogeekOnline.net is fairly free of problem members. When you do come across a problem member or a problem post instead of entangling yourself with them, learn to use the "Report Button" and simply report them and let our Moderators deal with them.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease and the nail that sticks up gets pounded down, so if enough people report the problem members the problems will go away.

Here's an article I wrote just for this topic...

What to do when you see a problem on the forum (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/24085-what-do-when-you-see-problem-forum.html)

ANYTIME you see someone causing a problem,

don't interact with them on the forum

Instead, click on the Report Post button

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/715/ReportPost.jpg

That way a record is created and sent to all Moderators and Administrators and you stay out of the fray.

Thank you...

:xyxthumbs:

luv a shine
07-02-2012, 07:13 PM
ok

what product line would you use .megs or menz or Chemical guys???

A-train
07-02-2012, 08:41 PM
ok

There are going to be hardcore followers of all three brands and a lot of guys that have products from all three companies. There's not really just A straightforward answer. Try some of them all :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

luv a shine
07-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Thanks man Im the MAN

Mike Phillips
07-03-2012, 07:20 AM
ok

There are going to be hardcore followers of all three brands and a lot of guys that have products from all three companies. T

here's not really just A straightforward answer. Try some of them all

Adam aka A-Train is correct.

Each brand on the market has it's loyal followers and users.

Meguiar's and Chemical Guys offer vast categories of products to tackle just about any project. Menzerna is limited to primarily compounds, polishes, sealants and a few other products.

I haven't met many "Pro Detailers" that only use one line of products for everything they do. In most cases a person will use a majority of one line and fill in empty holes with products from a few other companies.

For example, Meguiar's makes an awesome compound that since it's introduction has yet to be beat for cut and finish.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/M10501_UltraCutCompound.jpg

Yet Meguiar's doesn't offer gallon jugs of Stripper Scent Premium Air Freshner...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/StripperScentgallon.jpg

So don't limit yourself but do find what works for you. Hey, I have an article for that!

"Find something you like and use it often" (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/24310-find-something-you-like-use-often.html)

:D