PDA

View Full Version : Better Value in Edge Pads

Pages : [1] 2

coondog64
04-03-2007, 12:02 PM
I am looking to buy my first set of pads, specifically edge pads due to all the talk and positive reviews on this forum about the edge pads.

My question is should I buy the original edge pads (They have a nice kit fo $100 The Edge Dual Action 6 Inch Kit includes The Edge 2000 DuraFoam Pads & a dual action Edge Adapter. edge foam pads, double side pads, polishing pads (http://www.autogeek.net/foam-polishing-kit.html) , or should I buy the new wave pads.

I wish autogeek would put together a nice package including the wave pads....hint hint.

Thanks!:awesome:

wytstang
04-03-2007, 12:06 PM
That link is the home page?? Is this the one you want
The Edge Dual Action 6 Inch Kit includes The Edge 2000 DuraFoam Pads & a dual action Edge Adapter. edge foam pads, double side pads, polishing pads (http://www.autogeek.net/foam-polishing-kit.html)
If so I have that kit and love it. Edge pads are really well worth every penny. Highly recomend them and Optimum polish & compound and they worked a lot better the Poorboys did for me.

coondog64
04-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Oops, yes. I fixed my link as well. I agree edge pads are worth it. But is it worth buying the new wave edge pads, or purchasing the already put together kit of the original edge pads.

wytstang
04-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Haven't tried the wave pads nor do I see myself buying them. The ones in the kit fit my needs to the tee and AG does the the best price that I could find. All others you have to buy the adaptor seperate adding to thier price. I really haven't read to much about the wave pads except they disapate heat faster. But if you are using a pc you really don't have that issue.

Junebug
04-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Wave pads for rotary, flat for PC.

Meghan
04-03-2007, 01:06 PM
Well first, yes we have a wave pad bundle, and second wave pads can be used just fine with PC or Rotary.
Let me know if you have anymore questions, and thanks for the PM, I hope this is what you were asking about.
The Edge 6 inch Wave Pad 5 Pack (http://www.autogeek.net/edge-waffle-pads.html)

Bags
04-03-2007, 02:39 PM
I didn't think the adapter came in any of the kits?

BILL
04-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Wave pads for rotary, flat for PC.

agree......;)

ScottB
04-03-2007, 05:17 PM
flat work just fine for me ...

BILL
04-03-2007, 05:28 PM
flat work just fine for me ...

P.C. or rotary?? both?

Surfer
04-03-2007, 06:08 PM
I have the flat set and love it, the wave kind I don't really see the point on on a PC. Wave design is moreso for the rotary to cut down on heat, with the PC it generates little heat of which we need every bit of lol.

sparkie
04-03-2007, 09:10 PM
I have both, wave (rotary) and flat (PC). Both work out great. Less heat with the wave more heat with the flat. But I have use wave on my PC, give me more working time.

LudEcrous777
04-04-2007, 01:07 AM
I didn't think the adapter came in any of the kits?

I was looking at purchasing this kit too, but i'm also wanted to know if the adapter came with the kit.

Thanks.

BILL
04-04-2007, 07:18 AM
I have both, wave (rotary) and flat (PC). Both work out great. Less heat with the wave more heat with the flat. But I have use wave on my PC, give me more working time.

EXACTLY my thought........ I have the best of both worlds:)

med
04-04-2007, 06:20 PM
1st time post for me. Just joined the forum and I am looking @ this kit as well. It says that you need the adapter. Can anybody confirm that it does need the adapter?

Nice forum you people have here. Going to be spending alot of time reading. Looking foward to it.
Thanks