PDA

View Full Version : Wash,Clay,wash with ONR?

Tekkno
07-01-2012, 04:54 AM
Hi, just started to use ONR today because i wanted to polish my car at my apartment parking (covered underground :) but does not allow hose washing :X). Everything worked great. However, i have a question about my procedures.
First, i wash my car with ONR diluted to 1oz to 2-3 gal for washing, if i would like to clay my car too, should i wipe off the 1:2 ONR then use ONR diluted for clay lub to clay my car? or just directly clay w/o wiping off my 1:2 ONR.
Also after claying and wiped off the clay lube onr, should i wash my car with 1:2 ONR again?

Thank you for your time
happy detailing !
:buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing:

BobbyG
07-01-2012, 06:06 AM
I'm assuming that you're next step would be a paint cleaner or polish?

Some prefer to wash while others don't.

Once the finish is clayed and still wet, simply take a Guzzler waffle weave towel and dry the surface before moving on to the next step.

Tekkno
07-01-2012, 03:57 PM
yes i would be using polish or compound next step.
so should i first wash, dry, lube, clay and wipe off? or wash, clay, wipe off? thanks!

truckbutt
07-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Some people choose to clay while the vehicle is still wet from the wash, while others dry first. I think what's most important is to make sure that you have adequate lubricatiion when you clay.