PDA

View Full Version : First detailing client went GREAT!!! no pics :(

Grifftech
07-01-2012, 02:33 AM
It was a 2010 Ford Edge, Vanilla exterior color with light tan leather interior. The car had not been cleaned in 16 MONTHS!!! The owner had put put 100k miles on the car in that time and the exterior was in horrid shape.

The whole front of the car and front of side view mirrors had 16 months of bug and tar caked on them and dried and etched in, the side's of the car behind the wheel wells were just as bad with tar.

She is a smoker with 2 dogs she hauls around and she had not touched the interior either in 16 months.

iI quoted her sight unseen as she is a friend at $125 for thorough exterior wash, clay bar, seal and wax and interior. When she pulled up I knew I was in for a work out.

Needless to say I went through a bottle of TarX, Bug remover, IronX and 2 clay bars. After 3 hours I had the car stripped down of all contaminants, and now all her rock chips were sticking out like a sore thumb.

I then spent and hour polishing the chrome rims with Meguiar's metal polish, along with the exhaust tips.

Once I had the exterior done and dried I went to work on the interior.. OMG!

She had dog food, rocks, grass, dog vomit and so on on the carpet. I washed the floor mats, washed the rubber floor mats she had and then spot cleaned the carpert. She knew I didn't have a hot water extractor carpet cleaner so I wasn't going to get the carpet perfect.

I then went to work with Chemical Guys InnerClean and cleaned that interior from top to bottom and then used CG's Leather cleaner and conditioner on all the leather seats.

I used a smoke deodorizer on all the carpets and even ran the AC and spritzed some into the intake under the dash to get some more smoke smell out, and it worked well.

She didn't want any paint correction, man it needed it, but after clay barring i hit it with Blacklight then V7.

The tires and trim I used Meguiars Tire and Trim gel, which is AMAZING!

Meguairs Metal polish on the rims and exhaust.

Then did a final wipe down, and checked everything for anything I missed.

I then drove the car over to her house to deliver it, and when I pulled up and got out she FREAKED.. She was amazed how clean it was, and "it looks better than when I bought it"

She kept going on for the next 15 minutes checking the car out and raving about it.. i felt awesome.

When she paid me, she game me another $50 bucks for such an amazing job, so it turned out to be a $175 dollar gig.. that was awesome.

She is very connected in town and she said I am going to get you so much business. And she is wanting to set up a monthly maintenance cleaning on it.

I am excited, and when I got done, it was the first time in many many years I felt proud about something I had done. it was very rewarding.

So, thanks AG and AG forum for all your help and guidance.. I think I may be taking this to the next level.

-Chris

BobbyG
07-01-2012, 04:57 AM
Hey Chris,

Sounds like a very satisfied customer!

Detailing can be a very rewarding job but it's a lot of work especially it it's your own business. Establishing a reliable clientele to support your quest is nearly as important as the quality of your work.

Sounds like a great job!! :props:

Bunky
07-01-2012, 05:13 AM
Keep it up ! You will learn more each time to improve your process.

02accordSE
07-01-2012, 08:50 AM
100k miles since she owned it... This should have had pictures man!

Buckskincolt
07-01-2012, 09:35 AM
Sounds like everything went great! Good job! Now you need to invest an a camera so we can see!:eek:

Good Detailing results are very rewarding:props:

Grifftech
07-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Thanks all for the kind words. Now I need to come up with a name for my services so I can at least get some business cards printed up

rider9195
07-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Sounds like you did a fantastic job Chris! Love to hear stories like this one.