PDA

View Full Version : Finally... 1st order placed!

Chase.Barnett
06-30-2012, 09:10 PM
I finally did it! Got off work early, came home and started shopping! :buffing:

Here's what I ended up with!

MF-SS7525-3 - 3 QTY Super Soft Deluxe Microfiber Towel
303-30340 - 16 oz. 303 Aerospace Protectant
PC-7424XP1 - Porter Cable 7424XP Dual Action Polisher
LC-43-125DA - 5'' D.A. Hook & Loop Flexible Backing Pl
WG-8OZC - Wolfgang 8 oz. Swirl Remover Combo
CO-845 - Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845 16oz.
LC-55-COMBO - Lake Country 5.5 CCS Pads- 6 PACK
CG-AIR-101-16 - 16 oz. Chemical Guys New Car Scent
SAMPLES - One Free Sample Per Order
WG-COMBO - Wolfgang Deep Gloss Combo
DP-730 - Detailer's Polishing Pad Rejuvenator
GG-5G-CLEAR - 5 Gallon Professional Wash Bucket w/Grit
PAD-TOOL - Foam Pad Conditioning Brush
cd10 - 20% off Car and Driver -49.58
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: 323.30
Tax: 0.00
Shipping & Handling: 28.99
----------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL: 352.29

Is it delivery day yet?? Im the MAN

alko
06-30-2012, 09:26 PM
VERY...VERY nice order Chase. Glad to see you shopped a la carte. You picked up some very nice products at a very reasonable price. I'm looking foward to seeing you pics in the unpacking section.

drewberg11
06-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Nice order! I'm a big fan of the Wolfgang duo and sealant. Super easy to work with and get great results.

habeba86
06-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Nice order!!! 845 is amazing!! Use the product very sparringly...a little really goes a long way!

Buckskincolt
06-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Great products there, save youR money, once you see what you can do you will be hooked in a wicked addiction!:props:

Toy_Cam_Ed
06-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Nice! Are you planning on making money detailing, or just for yourself? Either way I'm sure you'll make good use of all those products.

Chase.Barnett
06-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Thanks guys! I've always been a clean freak when it comes to my car, I've just always done it by hand using stuff from Auto Zone or WalMart. Infact, I've got about 5 big rubbermaid containers in the garage full on Car Wash, Wax, Synthetics, glass cleaners... Just about anything they have sold in auto parts, I've bought it and loads of cheap microfiber towels.

I've been wanting a PC for several years, it's about time I finally got it. My car hit 60k this week, so all this can be a gift to her and a way to encourage me not to go trade it in just yet. Although the Genesis 3.8 sure does look sessi :drool:

Here's my plan for those that are interested... We're having a lot of work done at the house (should be finished this week, HOPEFULLY). Walls being painted, water pipers replaced (Hello PVC! Goodbye water leaks), new tile, baseboards, blah blah blah. Normally do this every couple of years to keep the place looking nice, but in the mean time, the garage is loaded with crap.

So I plan on heading to walmart this week to pick up two 9x9 canopy tents that are 50 each. 9ftx9ftx8ft actually, so I'll put two of those together and park under them. I'll also be picking up some Zymol Shampoo that they have for 8 or 9 bucks that is pH balanced. It seems like some decent stuff..

So after I build my make-shift shop out of two tents in the driveway, I'll wash and dry and then get busy with the corrections (clayed a few days ago to start getting ready). There's hundreds of tiny scratches on my hood (it looks like I got behind a pissed off gravel truck on the highway) that I'll get after with swirl remover and the orange pad (or yellow if needed). I might pick up a bottle of 105 if I need to in order to get the scratches out.

Rest of the car will get TSR with the orange pad all the way around. Finishing glaze with the white pad. WDGS with the gray pad and then I'll let the car sit over night.

Next step will be 815 with my other gray pad (or would I be better off with the blue pad?)

Of course, wheels will be taken off the car and degreased and scrubbed until they're spotless. Then I'll clay them and give them a few coats of 815. Tires will be dressed with whatever tire gel I have.

Vacuum and wipe down with #303 for the interior.

I picked up Wolfgang Vinyl and Rubber for my free sample, so that's going to go my my exterior plastic and the wiper cowling.

Then I'll return the two canopy tents after I'm done and get my $100 back. Im the MAN

Chase.Barnett
06-30-2012, 10:24 PM
Nice! Are you planning on making money detailing, or just for yourself? Either way I'm sure you'll make good use of all those products.

I'm an EMT now. I start my paramedic class July 28th (assuming I can get through all the online pre-req's and quit reading this damn forum all day)

If I could find a small number of clients, I wouldn't mind doing 1 or 2 cars a week for some side cash.

It would be just a little gig on the side that I think I could make some money at while getting a break from all the B.S I have to deal with in EMS. :xyxthumbs:

Buckskincolt
06-30-2012, 10:31 PM
The only thing I would add to your process is a clay treatment after wash, you won't believe the stuff stuck to your paint. Do the Baggie test. Stick your hand in a Baggie and rub it lightly over the paint you will see what I mean. If you can't add it to your order, I think you can buy mothers over the counter.

Chase.Barnett
06-30-2012, 10:33 PM
The only thing I would add to your process is a clay treatment after wash, you won't believe the stuff stuck to your paint. Do the Baggie test. Stick your hand in a Baggie and rub it lightly over the paint you will see what I mean. If you can't add it to your order, I think you can buy mothers over the counter.

Yeah, I clayed 3 or 4 days ago and it feels good (despite needing wax).

I wanted to get the clay knocked out so I could get to the fun as soon as my toys get here :buffing:

Chase.Barnett
07-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Why can't ups run on Sunday?!?

I'm going to squeal like a piggy everytime I see that brown truck driving down my street..

BobbyG
07-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Man I can't wait until Big Brown stops by and drops this order off!! :dblthumb2:

Chase.Barnett
07-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Man I can't wait until Big Brown stops by and drops this order off!! :dblthumb2:

I also wanted to pick up a nice towel but forgot to get it. When I first configured my order, I was getting the Wolfgang Wash and Dry Combo, but it went off sale and jumped 10 buck.

I also was going to pick up some APC. Bobby, any recommendations on a good APC? Is the Meguiars D101 or D103 worth the buy?

BobbyG
07-01-2012, 04:47 PM
I also was going to pick up some APC. Bobby, any recommendations on a good APC? Is the Meguiars D101 or D103 worth the buy?

Both Meguiar's D101 and D103 are nearly identical except D103 has an orange scent to it. These work well and can be diluted to accommodate different cleaning tasks.

I think Optimum Power Clean has an edge on the Meguiar's products. I've tested both of these are Optimum Power Clean seems to outperform in nearly every situation.

Now, Optimum Power Clean is $36.00 a gallon compared to $16.00 a gallon for either of the Meguiar's all purpose cleaners..... The bottom line if the Meguiar's all purpose cleaners have been around for a long do work so it's up to you to choose....:props:

Chase.Barnett
07-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Both Meguiar's D101 and D103 are nearly identical except D103 has an orange scent to it. These work well and can be diluted to accommodate different cleaning tasks.

I think Optimum Power Clean has an edge on the Meguiar's products. I've tested both of these are Optimum Power Clean seems to outperform in nearly every situation.

Now, Optimum Power Clean is $36.00 a gallon compared to $16.00 a gallon for either of the Meguiar's all purpose cleaners..... The bottom line if the Meguiar's all purpose cleaners have been around for a long do work so it's up to you to choose....:props:

I think I'll pick up a gallon of D103 for tires and wheels, the engine and door jambs. :xyxthumbs: