PDA

View Full Version : Please help me!

SkateForGirl
06-30-2012, 10:14 AM
I have to correct a 2010 Subaru STI in black. The paint it pretty bad. So Im using lake country pads a flat orange 5.5 with megs 105 then a white ccs 5.5 with megs 205. Its creating micro marring every where. Any suggestions please. Theirs a pic below.

rider9195
06-30-2012, 10:15 AM
Subaru paint can be very soft as you are seeing. Do you have any more fine polishes or less aggressive pads?

SkateForGirl
06-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Subaru paint can be very soft as you are seeing. Do you have any more fine polishes or less aggressive pads?

I have blue foam flat pads, green ccs finishing pads, I have the set of hydro tech, crimson, tangerine and cyan pads, my polishes are m105, m205, wolfgang twins and Menzerna SIP. Any suggestions? Ive been trying different things but nothing yet

Buckskincolt
06-30-2012, 10:32 AM
Dump the 105/205 and get some Wolfgang or Menzerna polishes and you will be happy!

If you are stuck using 105/205 try not to over work the polishes and try switching to the 105 on white and 205 on black or blue pads. Or even see what the 205 on a black pad will do by its self skipping the 105 all together. "Start with the least aggressive product first" and do a test spot!:props:

Buckskincolt
06-30-2012, 10:35 AM
I have blue foam flat pads, green ccs finishing pads, I have the set of hydro tech, crimson, tangerine and cyan pads, my polishes are m105, m205, wolfgang twins and Menzerna SIP. Any suggestions? Ive been trying different things but nothing yet

On soft paint I like to use the Tangerine Ht pads with the WG TSR followed by WG FG on the HT Crimson. Works really well! Give that a shot.:dblthumb2:

SkateForGirl
06-30-2012, 10:37 AM
On soft paint I like to use the Tangerine Ht pads with the WG TSR followed by WG FG on the HT Crimson. Works really well! Give that a shot.:dblthumb2:
Ill do the hood and come back and let you know. thanks

Buckskincolt
06-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Ill do the hood and come back and let you know. thanks

All you need to do is tape off a 16"X 16" area and test it rather than the entire hood .... Test Spot not Hood!

SkateForGirl
06-30-2012, 10:51 AM
Thats what I meant. Its still pretty hazy after the test spot

Buckskincolt
06-30-2012, 10:59 AM
Thats what I meant. Its still pretty hazy after the test spot

Work with slow arm speed and make sure you work the WG polishes until they are almost invisible. With the TSr I work two section passes with quite a bit of pressure then lighten it up for two more. Then do the same with the FG.

SkateForGirl
07-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Thanks man. Your advice helped out a lot. I got it down I had to do the TSR twice because it was so bad. Appreciate the Help!

SkateForGirl
07-01-2012, 08:32 AM
I saw a thread where you posted about your jetta and using this combo. Its funny im correcting a 2010 jetta tdi cup addition today so ill be doing the same combo :) Thanks man

Buckskincolt
07-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Thanks man. Your advice helped out a lot. I got it down I had to do the TSR twice because it was so bad. Appreciate the Help!

I saw a thread where you posted about your jetta and using this combo. Its funny im correcting a 2010 jetta tdi cup addition today so ill be doing the same combo :) Thanks man
:props: glad it helped! That jetta has odd paint, the surface seemed to mar easy but deeper scratches were hard to remove. I kept a cayan HT close by in a Baggie for the tough spots. Then followed up with TSR on Tangerine and FG on Crimson.

There is probably a better combo of polishes out there for this paint, maybe someone will chime in. I know it's not the 105/205!:D:D

SkateForGirl
07-01-2012, 10:03 AM
This paint was kept well and ruin by a "detailer" so im fixing his mistakes. The Cyan was used with TSR for the deeper scratches right?

Buckskincolt
07-01-2012, 10:19 AM
This paint was kept well and ruin by a "detailer" so im fixing his mistakes. The Cyan was used with TSR for the deeper scratches right?
Yes,
always try a test spot tho, your paint may be different. Find a spot with a little deeper scratch to do your test spot and see what your results are.:dblthumb2: