PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna SW-PROTECT vs Meguiars Ultimate Liquid wax

magna_power
06-30-2012, 01:43 AM
Hi all,

about 2 weeks ago a applied Meguiars Ultimate liquid wax to my car (after a good clay) and then last week I completely detailed my boot using menzerna products PG100, then SF45500 then SW-PROTECT (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/51944-first-time-da-great-results.html).

Anyway, the SW-PROTECT doesn't seem to be doing a very good job beading in the rain... All I can thinkis that I needed to do an IPA wipedown before it, but I've read on here that doing that isn't necessary. The SW_PROTECT is there, and it helps the water sheet, but just doesn't seem to bead...

Here are some pics, meguiars ultimate wax looks like it's doing a great job :)

(SW-PROTECT first image, Meguiars second image)

BobbyG
06-30-2012, 06:34 AM
Menzerna makes some of the finest paint correction products available today. These are my go-to polishes because of their performance and flexibility.

Menzerna Sealing Wax APO 60 is what I'd consider an all-in-one product. It's works well but like most other similar products it's protection doesn't last all that long.

A quality spray car wax is a dedicated product. It's formulated to be applied via a spray bottle and once leveled, dried, and buffed will leave a beautiful shine and more lasting protection.

I'm not a fan of their new product. Menzerna Paint Refresh works but just OK but is somewhat price for what it does.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/menzerna-paint-refresh.jpg

Hondaforlife954
06-30-2012, 07:05 AM
Agreed! Menzerna rocks. I never have tried there wax tho. I always use the Menzerna power lock sealant. It has that deep gloss look and last!! I've topped it with a wax but did not make much of a difference. When using a sealant let it sit for at least an hour. I typically apply it then work on the inside. Easy on easy off!!! try it you'll prob not use Meg's wax ever again:)

Menzerna makes some of the finest paint correction products available today. These are my go-to polishes because of their performance and flexibility.

Menzerna Sealing Wax APO 60 is what I'd consider an all-in-one product. It's works well but like most other similar products it's protection doesn't last all that long.

A quality spray car wax is a dedicated product. It's formulated to be applied via a spray bottle and once leveled, dried, and buffed will leave a beautiful shine and more lasting protection.

I'm not a fan of their new product. Menzerna Paint Refresh works but just OK but is somewhat price for what it does.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/menzerna-paint-refresh.jpg

Setec Astronomy
06-30-2012, 07:39 AM
Some products just don't bead like other products...or in some cases they just don't last like other products. Anyway, that Meg's Ultimate product is one of the hydrophobic ones I think, so that's going to be a beader.

magna_power
06-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Yeah, I'm looking at getting some power lock with my next order :)

Hondaforlife954
06-30-2012, 08:36 AM
It's a must IMO