PDA

View Full Version : My first buy from AG

Jmoran
06-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Sprayway Glass Cleaner

Mothers California Gold Clay Bar Paint Saving System - 2 Clay Bars

Poorboys World Polish with Sealant

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection

CarPro PERL Coat Plastic & Rubber Protectant 500 ml.

Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss 16 oz.

Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish 5 oz.

Opinions? Thoughts? Let me know if there's a cheaper replacement for any of these products.

rider9195
06-29-2012, 08:50 PM
Sprayway is my favorite glass cleaner. Very easy to use and extremely streak free.

Poorboy's PwS is an nice AIO that provides good correction and protection.

Here is a 50/50 of PwS with my PC XP on an orange LC pad, speed 5. Left side untouched, right side completed.
http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q560/ryanlamark/DSC02499.jpg

Blackfire Wet Diamond is the easiest sealant to use in my opinion. Just spread very thin and allow to haze for about 20-30 minutes.

CG Citrus Wash and Gloss is an excellent wash that will add gloss to the paint. I tend to use this for stripping waxes and sealants and just to use on very dirty vehicles. I would pick up some Duragloss 901. It is a fantastic wash! Very well priced too!

The Mother's Clay Bar will work fine.

I have not used CarPro Perl, but have seen many positive reviews about it. Long lasting and great looks on trim, tires, and interiors.

Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish is most likely a quality product from Mothers. You shouldn't be disappointed. Good reviews on the product page.

What about microfiber towels? Wash mitts? Applicator pads?
The Gold Wash mitt on BOGO works very good. Worth the the $10. Plus you get another free.

HotRodJoe
06-29-2012, 09:01 PM
I think you did well on your first order - I'm familiar with about 75% of that stuff and the others I've at least heard good things about.

For price, the Duragloss 901 is probably hard to beat for car wash. To make PERL cheaper, buy the 1L size and some good spray bottles and mix up different ratios depending on application - should last a long time. BFWD isn't particularly cheap, but I don't know of anything cheaper that would be better - it's my personal fav right now, sealant-wise.

Jmoran
06-29-2012, 09:55 PM
I think you did well on your first order - I'm familiar with about 75% of that stuff and the others I've at least heard good things about.

For price, the Duragloss 901 is probably hard to beat for car wash. To make PERL cheaper, buy the 1L size and some good spray bottles and mix up different ratios depending on application - should last a long time. BFWD isn't particularly cheap, but I don't know of anything cheaper that would be better - it's my personal fav right now, sealant-wise.

Just looked at the price of duragloss wish I would have gotten it!! Haha

Jmoran
06-29-2012, 09:58 PM
Sprayway is my favorite glass cleaner. Very easy to use and extremely streak free.

Poorboy's PwS is an nice AIO that provides good correction and protection.

Here is a 50/50 of PwS with my PC XP on an orange LC pad, speed 5. Left side untouched, right side completed.
http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q560/ryanlamark/DSC02499.jpg

Blackfire Wet Diamond is the easiest sealant to use in my opinion. Just spread very thin and allow to haze for about 20-30 minutes.

CG Citrus Wash and Gloss is an excellent wash that will add gloss to the paint. I tend to use this for stripping waxes and sealants and just to use on very dirty vehicles. I would pick up some Duragloss 901. It is a fantastic wash! Very well priced too!

The Mother's Clay Bar will work fine.

I have not used CarPro Perl, but have seen many positive reviews about it. Long lasting and great looks on trim, tires, and interiors.

Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish is most likely a quality product from Mothers. You shouldn't be disappointed. Good reviews on the product page.

What about microfiber towels? Wash mitts? Applicator pads?
The Gold Wash mitt on BOGO works very good. Worth the the $10. Plus you get another free.

I already have some microfiber towels, I have two shaggy microfiber wash sponges and I have applicator pads. The only thing I changed about my order was the AIO I changed it to black fire total polish and seal

Silverstone
06-29-2012, 11:58 PM
Sprayway Glass Cleaner

Mothers California Gold Clay Bar Paint Saving System - 2 Clay Bars

Poorboys World Polish with Sealant

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection

CarPro PERL Coat Plastic & Rubber Protectant 500 ml.

Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss 16 oz.

Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish 5 oz.

Opinions? Thoughts? Let me know if there's a cheaper replacement for any of these products.

IMO Sprayway glass cleaner is the best. Plus it's easy to get, you can get it in the home/hardware stores like Ace. I even saw it in the supermarket the last time I was there, in it's own display!