PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with removing old wax & applying Blackfire

thebouncer
06-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Okay so I got my order from autogeek which consists of

LC Hydro-Tech Low Profile 5 1/2 x 7/8 inch Foam Pad 2 Tangerine, 2 Cyan, 2 Crimson
Blackfire DUO Src Polish and SRC Compound
Blackfire Fire over Ice Kit

The car is a 2012 Dodge Charger (Blackberry Pearl)
It was previously buffed out using Meguiars Ultimate Compound and Meguiars Ultimate Polish then waxed with Vitreo and Meguiars Carnuba.

Should I just wash it and start with either the SRC polish and see how it does then go to SRC Compound or do I need to somehow strip the previous waxes off ? I currently use Meguiars Gold Wash.

The car has spider lines all throughout the clearcoat running all over the car. The Meguiars Ultimate compound took some of it away but not all of it this is why I am now using the Blackfire System.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I may start this tomorrow or Sunday:buffing:

Thanks

rider9195
06-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Start with a good wash and clay. Then try the SRC Polish with a tangerine pad on speed 5. If that does not remove them. Then try SRC compound with a tangerine pad on speed 5. If that does not remove the swirls then try the SRC Compound with the cyan pad on speed 5 and be sure to follow up with the SRC polish.

Mobile detail
06-29-2012, 07:35 PM
What machine are you using? I would prob start with a chemical strip and clay and see what your working with. You'll love Midnight wax and Wet diamond. The Midnight is by far my fav wax. Goes on super easy and comes off even easier.

thebouncer
06-30-2012, 12:43 AM
I don't have clay. I didn't get it because the paint is pretty smooth except for the very front of the plastic bumper where road debris and bugs get stuck. I am more concerned about the sides trunk and hood then anything as this is where the spider webbing can be seen in the clearcoat.

I have a PC7424XP

kaboose786
06-30-2012, 03:09 AM
cant the OP use some diluted ratio of CGCWG? i heard it strips LSP ?