PDA

View Full Version : LSP after cleaner wax

kline39
06-29-2012, 04:36 AM
This is probably a dumb quetion, and I did search for it on the forum but didn't find much help. Using Megs MG #6 cleaner wax, would I be able to immediately top it with a wax (like colli 845), or would I need to wait for it to cure? Also, since #6 is a wax does that mean I wouldnt be able to top it with a sealant? Thanks for any input!

Tekkno
06-29-2012, 05:46 AM
i am not an expert, but from what i known, there is no need to wait for wax cleaner to cure, just apply, buff off and apply your fav wax.

P.s i am sure this has been covered for 10000000000000 times :buffing: happy detail

Tekkno
06-29-2012, 05:48 AM
If i were you , i would just apply the sealant, buff off, wait 12 hours to cure then apply the wax, instead of applying the sealant after wax lol

Mike Phillips
06-29-2012, 06:22 AM
This is probably a dumb question, and I did search for it on the forum but didn't find much help. Using Megs MG #6 cleaner wax, would I be able to immediately top it with a wax (like colli 845), or would I need to wait for it to cure? Also, since #6 is a wax does that mean I wouldn't be able to top it with a sealant? Thanks for any input!

People been doing this since more than one category of wax has been around.

Basically what you're doing is using the cleaner/wax as you "paint cleaner" and then adding a dedicated finishing or non-cleaning wax for more protection.

I wouldn't wait any time at all, apply, work in and wipe off the #6 and then apply your topper.

Lots of related info in these to articles,

Topping - Definition - How to Top also called Topping (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/40089-topping-definition-how-top-also-called-topping.html)

The Difference Between a Cleaner/Wax and a Finishing Wax (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23263-difference-between-cleaner-wax-finishing-wax.html)
Subtitle: How To Choose The Right Wax or Paint Sealant for your Detailing Project

:)

Meticulous-Detail
06-29-2012, 06:26 AM
I use # 6 cleaner wax topped with 845 all the time. Just let cleaner wax dry to a have then buff off. Have a couple of beers and apply 845.

Cleaned waxes have mild cleaners and abrasives and will remove the previously applied glaze or wax. # 6 has crappy durability but looks great and is easy to use so I top with 845.

I just did both my DD's with this combo

I

mwoolfso
06-29-2012, 06:47 AM
I just did the roof my my wife's Acadia with Mother's Cleaner/Wax and topped it with OCW.

Setec Astronomy
06-29-2012, 06:54 AM
I used to use a lot of #6 back in the old days and still have a bottle (of course back then I never thought of topping it with something else). Today I would use something that's a little more forgiving on rubber and trim, like DG 501.

kline39
06-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Wow, thanks for the help guys. I used #6 and loved the look it left behind, but a week and a couple rain storms later I saw a definate difference in beading and had problems with some tree sap getting stuck to the paint.

Meticulous-Detail
06-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Once I finish my #6 I probably won't by it anymore. DG 501 is a better choice for long lasting protection.