PDA

View Full Version : Help!: Foam Gun Gasket and saggy barrel

Tekkno
06-29-2012, 03:14 AM
Hi again,
I have a question regarding to foam gun again :hungry:
I do not know if any one has this problem before. But my foam gun is leaking seiously and the barrel is saggy, looks like its gonna fall out soon. I tried to tighten the hexagon shaped thing but no luck.
I would like to know where could i buy the gasket to prevent water leaking, and what are the specs for the gasket. Is there any better method to fix it?
Also how could i fix the saggy barrel!
Many thanks and happy detailing!!!
:buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing:

Tekkno
06-29-2012, 06:59 PM
bump! help please!

VdubbinMI
06-29-2012, 07:20 PM
It appears the area you are pointing to is the quick disconnect fittings. Go to your local home depot/lowes/local hardware store and pick up a new quick disconnect fitting. Swap the new one for the old one and you should be all set.:xyxthumbs:

Tekkno
06-30-2012, 02:03 AM
Thanks !!! :buffing: happy detailing !

VISITOR
06-30-2012, 03:01 AM
take a pair of pliers and unscrew the quick disconnect that is on the end of your pistol grip, then use the female quick disconnect end (pictured below to the left) and screw it on in replace of the old one. i would buy the gilmour quick disconnects (i've tried a few different brands and these work well even though that's the brand that's on the foam gun it may just be faulty/defective) and they can be had for around $5 at your local lowes and come in a set as pictured below...

http://static.acehardwareoutlet.com/225/products/2010/998009498_031811i_sg.jpg

p.s. i <3 my foam gun!

BobbyG
06-30-2012, 05:35 AM
OR, remove the quick disconnect and see if the squeeze nozzle screws directly onto the fitting, I suspect it may...

Tekkno
06-30-2012, 05:45 AM
Thanks might go to lowes and ask the guys over there :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing: :buffing:

Setec Astronomy
06-30-2012, 07:28 AM
No one helped Tekkno with his saggy barrel, I'm presuming you're talking about the foam nozzle, it snaps into place, it may take a bit of force to get it to snap on. If you're not talking about the foam nozzle, I understand there is a little blue pill that may help you...;)