PDA

View Full Version : M105 dust

Pages : [1] 2

yosheego
06-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Hello everyone. This is my first post here on the forum, but I have been following around for quite a bit =D

I've started working on my 08 Toyota Sequoia since Monday and
finally got done with compounding it with m105 today. :xyxthumbs: (well, i spent about 2hrs per night doing it)

Now there are so much m105, that I can't even get it out with detailing spray. I went ahead and did m205 with a white pad, and i can still see specs of it.

My question. Can I just dawn wash it to clean it out and then polish it with m205? Or should i just go ahead and polish it up and then dawn wash it again?

So far these were my steps....

Dawn wash the car
Clayed it (3hrs)
M105 (2hrs per night)

planning on...

M205

dougaross
06-28-2012, 11:11 PM
You are probably using too much product. Check out Kevin Brown Method

yosheego
06-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Yeh, i did prime it with some detailing solution.

Lately, the hot weather in Louisiana with high humidity is probably what I think is causing it to dry out so fast. I can see it dry up within about 10 seconds...it's crazy.

I will try to add more moisture to it next time.
Since i'm done with the m105 and there are still compound dust on it that won't come off easily, would it be okay for me to dawn wash it, or just wash it off before i hit the m205 again?

Dugdug
06-29-2012, 12:18 AM
I run in to this problem from time to time and it's usually because of too much product or it's in direct sunlight. Sometimes I don't have a choice but to do it in the sun so I do small sections at a time and wipe off quickly. I have noticed that little speckles that I miss come off when I go over it with 205 but not if it's been sitting there for over an hour. QD dosen't help but going over it again with 105 does. I try to pay a lot more attention when using 105. I think it's just part of the learning curve.

Dugdug
06-29-2012, 12:19 AM
Yeh, i did prime it with some detailing solution.

Lately, the hot weather in Louisiana with high humidity is probably what I think is causing it to dry out so fast. I can see it dry up within about 10 seconds...it's crazy.

I will try to add more moisture to it next time.
Since i'm done with the m105 and there are still compound dust on it that won't come off easily, would it be okay for me to dawn wash it, or just wash it off before i hit the m205 again?

Nothing wrong with washing it again so long as you're not putting swirls back in.

Dugdug
06-29-2012, 12:21 AM
I run in to this problem from time to time and it's usually because of too much product or it's in direct sunlight. Sometimes I don't have a choice but to do it in the sun so I do small sections at a time and wipe off quickly. I have noticed that little speckles that I miss come off when I go over it with 205 but not if it's been sitting there for over an hour. QD dosen't help but going over it again with 105 does. I try to pay a lot more attention when using 105. I think it's just part of the learning curve.

Also, when I say wipe off quickly I mean literally seconds after I'm done polishing. I wont even put the polisher down. If I set the polisher down and walk to go get a MF it's hell to get off when I'm in the sun. It's literally a matter of seconds before it starts to dry and become hard to take off.

yosheego
06-29-2012, 03:15 PM
Yeh this is definitely a learning curve. What I realize i did was, when i lift it up too high, it slings (so yeah too much product) and it gets it all over and it cakes on. I should have wiped it off immediately.

I had to go back and m105 those sections again to rid them.
Since it is humid and hot, i have to do smaller section at a time, vs the 2x2.:props:

Dugdug
06-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Yeh this is definitely a learning curve. What I realize i did was, when i lift it up too high, it slings (so yeah too much product) and it gets it all over and it cakes on. I should have wiped it off immediately.

I had to go back and m105 those sections again to rid them.
Since it is humid and hot, i have to do smaller section at a time, vs the 2x2.:props:

Yup. It's harder to work with but it's not enough to make me stop using it lol It's good stuff.

Meticulous-Detail
06-29-2012, 08:06 PM
My suggestions:

You can try and clay it off or the dawn wash

I wouldn't use detail spray on the pad, instead try spritzing the panel with water to give it longer working time

Skip #7 glaze, this is a pure polish designed for single stage paints, just use 205

#26 will look great but will not last long . Try DG 105, Collonite 845 or Meg's Ultimate Paste wax

yosheego
06-29-2012, 09:47 PM
My suggestions:

You can try and clay it off or the dawn wash

I wouldn't use detail spray on the pad, instead try spritzing the panel with water to give it longer working time

Skip #7 glaze, this is a pure polish designed for single stage paints, just use 205

#26 will look great but will not last long . Try DG 105, Collonite 845 or Meg's Ultimate Paste wax

I will dawn wash it, because it's all over the windows also. Make it easier. =D

I did a 2nd 205 with a gray pad, and I don't know if it's me, but it popped a bit more it seems. :dblthumb2:

I have DP Max Wax and Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax, not the paste. What would u suggest?

richy
06-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Actually try this for me please: Challenge yourself to see how little product you actually need. I made a video on using M105 that some have found helpful. It should finish down almost completely disappearing. To clean some dust, just keep a pail of ONR nearby with a mf in it ready to go.

alko
06-29-2012, 10:29 PM
Hey Richy...how do you prime a wool
pad with M105? Do you still use 3-4 pea size amount of product?

richy
06-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Hey Richy...how do you prime a wool
pad with M105? Do you still use 3-4 pea size amount of product?
I put either 2 or 3 pea sized amounts on a 5.5" pad. I spread it first with the machine off, then go at it. 2 is often enough. The pad should be almost clean when you're done the area. If it's caked with product, that's an indication you're using too much, or if the product is not disappearing into the paint, same thing, too much.

brlukosk
06-29-2012, 10:46 PM
IPA usually works for me. Your going to want to use it anyway to make sure you've removed the defects before going any further anyway.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Meticulous-Detail
06-30-2012, 10:50 AM
I will dawn wash it, because it's all over the windows also. Make it easier. =D

I did a 2nd 205 with a gray pad, and I don't know if it's me, but it popped a bit more it seems. :dblthumb2:

I have DP Max Wax and Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax, not the paste. What would u suggest?

Never used either, use both on a test panel and see which one you like better