PDA

View Full Version : Have I angered the detailing gods?

Pages : [1] 2 3

sportscarhiatus
06-28-2012, 10:49 PM
Was almost going to pull the trigger on swissvax concorso and Victoria red....

Instead, I fed my other fetish. My Oakley fetish, that is. Ruby red lenses for my Juliet ducatis and then picked up the new radarlocks. The new waxes will have to wait. My millions of other existing LSPs that I will never finish will have to do for now. Lol

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b394/pookie_wookie/e5d301c4.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b394/pookie_wookie/361414a0.jpg

06-28-2012, 10:59 PM
I love Oakley's as well. I have two pairs of gas cans, a pair of fives squared and a pair of the antix. Love them all! Nice looking shades you got there

pyles1735
06-28-2012, 11:06 PM
I work at a place that sells Oakleys and I must say that it is a strong addiction we all have at least 5 pairs. Tell me how you like the red lenses I've never broke down and bought I pair I've stuck to the grey, black, and purple lenses.

Sent from my Desire HD using AG Online

sportscarhiatus
06-28-2012, 11:31 PM
I love Oakley's as well. I have two pairs of gas cans, a pair of fives squared and a pair of the antix. Love them all! Nice looking shades you got there

Thanks man! I have all those too! Like I said... A baaaaaad fetish.

I work at a place that sells Oakleys and I must say that it is a strong addiction we all have at least 5 pairs. Tell me how you like the red lenses I've never broke down and bought I pair I've stuck to the grey, black, and purple lenses.

addiction indeed. You have NO idea.

I love the ruby reds. They're classic Oakley. I saw them on the white and red straightjackets. I had to have them then. They are perfect. Not too dark, not too light. The stock Ducati Juliet's had black iridium. Too plain. The rubies were perrrrrrfect for them...matching the red ear socks as well.

Btw, your comment on purple? I loooooove purple. I have almost all the infinite hero lines...

RhetoricMixes
06-28-2012, 11:51 PM
Just started my Oakley addiction last year. Started with the flak jacket and then moved up to the half wire 2.0. Not sure what to get next though.

pyles1735
06-29-2012, 12:01 AM
I figured the rubys would feel and look like the purple lenses. I love the apparence of them but never took the plunge. I actually just got the IH fuel cells a few weeks back. And I love them.

I've had bad luck lately though, I lost my polarized gascans in Chicago a month ago in a windstorm and lost a pair of purple lensed crankcase in Florida 2 weeks ago. But it led me to buying my fuel cells.

Toy_Cam_Ed
06-29-2012, 12:40 AM
Must be a lot of "well to do" people here. :props: Some of us just do walmart UV sunglasses. And I don't even wear them much. I hate glasses even if their expensive. Judging by how people talk about eye-wear, Am I missing some cool factor I havn't done before? I always thought sleeping with tons of women was cool. But that was back in the 80's. Excuse me if fashion comes first.

RoadRageDetail
06-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Spending money on something you can use every day > adding unnecessary swagger to the detail shelf.

pyles1735
06-29-2012, 01:03 AM
I understand you don't see the point behind spending money on glasses. Trust me I was there too. I used to hate sunglasses, never wore them at all. My girlfriend then surprised me with my first pair of Oakleys and I now wear glasses every day.

It's kind of like detailing, I used to think Armor all and turtle wax was all you needed. Then I tried expanding my views and now I'm loading my garage up with AG stuff.

When you try the good stuff it'll open your eyes, literally.

statusdetailing
06-29-2012, 01:09 AM
I understand you don't see the point behind spending money on glasses. Trust me I was there too. I used to hate sunglasses, never wore them at all. My girlfriend then surprised me with my first pair of Oakleys and I now wear glasses every day.

It's kind of like detailing, I used to think Armor all and turtle wax was all you needed. Then I tried expanding my views and now I'm loading my garage up with AG stuff.

Armor All and Turtle Wax is not all that you need!? What?!!:laughing:

pyles1735
06-29-2012, 01:55 AM
Hence the word used.

sportscarhiatus
06-29-2012, 05:35 AM
Just started my Oakley addiction last year. Started with the flak jacket and then moved up to the half wire 2.0. Not sure what to get next though.

Do you have an Oakley store nearby? Not a sunglasses hut or scheels, I'm talking the real store. If so, go there, and try them all out. For me, it's like a kid in a candy store....EYE candy store ;)

Must be a lot of "well to do" people here. :props: Some of us just do walmart UV sunglasses. And I don't even wear them much. I hate glasses even if their expensive. Judging by how people talk about eye-wear, Am I missing some cool factor I havn't done before? I always thought sleeping with tons of women was cool. But that was back in the 80's. Excuse me if fashion comes first.

It's just some folks choose to spend their money on trips or golf or clothes or food or whatever... I choose to spend it on cars, detailing, and oakleys. Lol.

This times 1000%. I used to wear Kmart specials too. Then I got my first pair in college, many years ago. The rest is history.

In fact, I'm looking for a display case...like the ones you see at the actual Oakley stores.

Flannigan
06-29-2012, 07:30 AM
That's too funny! Every time I go on vacation to Myrtle Beach I always come home with a new pair of Oakleys from the outlet down there. I think I'm up to 6 pairs at this point. They keep coming out with new styles that I love. Right now my favorites are the fuel cells since they fit my giant head very well!

ShinyRex
06-29-2012, 09:25 AM
I consider my Oakleys to be "eye pro". Therefore you have appeased the detailing gods and all is right with the world.

RhetoricMixes
06-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Do you have an Oakley store nearby? Not a sunglasses hut or scheels, I'm talking the real store. If so, go there, and try them all out. For me, it's like a kid in a candy store....EYE candy store ;)

I only have one Oakley store in my area (about 60 miles away) and I try to go to it when i have a chance. And yes it is like a candy store for me :) . Need to get some more lenses and ear socks for my flak jacket.