PDA

View Full Version : Review day one, Duragloss #271

Pages : [1] 2 3

sparkie
04-02-2007, 10:00 PM
1. Clean and dry the surface to be treated. (I did)
2. Apply liberally with soft cloth. (I did with a sponge)
3. Allow to dry. (I did)
4 Buff with a soft cloth for added gloss. (I Buff with an old cheap MF, works better with MF then terry cloth) Boy did it ever gloss up.

This was applied to plastic, rubber and black paint.

When I apply it for the first time it was nothing like other dressing. It streaks and just plane look weird. I let it dry, and buff off with MF. The harder I buff the glosser it got. I was impressed. Now will it run in the rain, I will let you know?
Duragloss Rubber & Flat Black Dressing (RBD) #271 (http://www.autogeek.net/duruflbldrr2.html)
Enhance and restore flat black trim and bumpers!

Duragloss Rubber & Flat Black Dressing contains a blend of polymeric synthetic polymers in a solvent base. RBD #271 cleans and shines rubber bumpers and moldings, and is recommended for flat black surfaces.

Duragloss Rubber & Flat Black Dressing is a low luster silicone dressing for flat black automotive surfaces, such as the bumpers and moldings. Its solvent base lifts old dressings in order for the silicone polymers to bond better with the rubber. Once applied, Duragloss Rubber & Flat Black Dressing enhances the dark color and restores the like-new luster to these surfaces.

Duragloss Rubber & Flat Black Dressing is water-resistant and will not wash off in the rain once cured. The finish is a low-gloss sheen that complements the paint, rather than overpowering it.

Duragloss Rubber & Flat Black Dressing is a great way to enhance the most weather worn parts of your vehicle. Dark rubber bumpers and moldings are often neglected and tend to fade quickly due to UV exposure. Duragloss Rubber & Flat Black Dressing restores the lost color with long-lasting, waterproof polymers.

Instantly restore the color and like-new luster of faded rubber bumpers and flat black moldings with Duragloss Rubber & Flat Black Dressing.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/sparkymm6/MeredithWash008.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/sparkymm6/MeredithWash009.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/sparkymm6/MeredithWash010.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/sparkymm6/MeredithWash011.jpg

bambo2888
04-02-2007, 10:06 PM
wow, ill need to pick some of that up!

Nuke33
04-02-2007, 10:13 PM
Looks good

klumzypinoy
04-02-2007, 10:47 PM
Might as well review all DG products :) they all seem to always have good results.

ltoman
04-02-2007, 11:37 PM
sparkie, the duragloss man!
if he can't do it, nobody can!!!!!!!!!

tonyspop
04-02-2007, 11:55 PM
I like the mirror photos,sort of a semi gloss sheen would ya say Spark.

LayerMeDammit
04-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Nice review, Ill defin pick some of this up on my next order. BTW do you know if it will help remove White wax residue?? Also Does it contain UV protector or does one need to goo over this with some Lexol or 303?

alban61
04-03-2007, 03:39 PM
I like this shot. This area is always a pain in the behind for me. Thanks for the review, Sparkie!!
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/sparkymm6/MeredithWash011.jpg

Gary Sword
04-03-2007, 03:54 PM
sparkie, your turning into Duragloss. I like the look of the Duragloss Rubber & Flat Black Dressing on the plasic. I'm going to have to get some on next next order for my Ford Truck with the missing wheels. If I saw this post before I placed an order last night I would have picked some up.

Al-53
04-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Nice review, Ill defin pick some of this up on my next order. BTW do you know if it will help remove White wax residue?? Also Does it contain UV protector or does one need to goo over this with some Lexol or 303?

Yes it does have UV protectors...I was told all sealants and Trim and tire products and shampoo have UV inhibitors in it....

Try a magic eraser and some #271 on a area where you have wax stains...it may remove it since it does have some solvents in it...

This product works great on all rubber seals and window rubbers ..rubber bumper steps on the step and tow bumpers...black plastic trim...

I use it under the hood also...on hoses..plastic engine trim..and any other plastic under the hood...really lasts....use a foam pad and let sit a few and wipe down..just like Sparkie did....#271 and 201 are my plastic and rubber coatings...no rain streaks or wash off...

Going to try the Marine protectant #531 this year..I heard it works great...DG said it is very durable and concentrated..made for salt water abuse and the elements in 24/7 exposure....

A polymetric sunscreen formula designed to restore the lustre and water resistance to vinyl and rubber. A non-oily treatment which dries to a clear, durable coating will not crack or discolor.

Al

koibybrian
04-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Yes it does have UV protectors...I was told all sealants and Trim and tire products and shampoo have UV inhibitors in it....

Try a magic eraser and some #271 on a area where you have wax stains...it may remove it since it does have some solvents in it...

This product works great on all rubber seals and window rubbers ..rubber bumper steps on the step and tow bumpers...black plastic trim...

I use it under the hood also...on hoses..plastic engine trim..and any other plastic under the hood...really lasts....use a foam pad and let sit a few and wipe down..just like Sparkie did....#271 and 201 are my plastic and rubber coatings...no rain streaks or wash off...

Going to try the Marine protectant #531 this year..I heard it works great...DG said it is very durable and concentrated..made for salt water abuse and the elements in 24/7 exposure....

A polymetric sunscreen formula designed to restore the lustre and water resistance to vinyl and rubber. A non-oily treatment which dries to a clear, durable coating will not crack or discolor.

Al

Thanks Al,
I did not know it had UV protectors. I am thinking of trying it. Currently it has been 303 because of the UV an also because the tonneau manufacture only recognize it. How does it last. For tonneau material ? Want something to last longer,protect an shine.

Truls
04-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Put the lotion in the basket....

im getting some, thanks Sparkie for the review, you cost me more money than my wife....

Al-53
04-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Thanks Al,
I did not know it had UV protectors. I am thinking of trying it. Currently it has been 303 because of the UV an also because the tonneau manufacture only recognize it. How does it last. For tonneau material ? Want something to last longer,protect an shine.

Truthfuly on a Tonneau cover I do not think #371 would be the best choice...it is more for rubber and hard plastics....I would try the Marine protectant #531....thats my next purchase...I heard nothing but good about it....it has strong UV protectors and is for Vinyl also...and a good shine to it...

is your cover cloth type or vinyl ..if vinyl try the marine protectant.....better for that than the 371

Al

sparkie
04-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Put the lotion in the basket....

im getting some, thanks Sparkie for the review, you cost me more money than my wife....:D

Al, #531 sounds like some good stuff, keep us posted.

Day two still looking good. Remember guys, put it on heavy, let dry, and then buff off. It's different then dressing.

ehuth1
04-03-2007, 09:45 PM
great review sparkie AKA "DG" :)