PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Cleaner/protectant

adolores
06-28-2012, 01:33 PM
I've been searching this forum for opinions on a good vinyl/plastic/rubber cleaner and protectant. From what I've been reading, some favor are the 1z Vinyl rubber care and the 303. My question is can I use these products together with the 1z as a cleaner and the 303 as a protectant, or is that overkill as protectant goes?
I have an 09 Infiniti fx and would like to use the products on interior surfaces and exterior trim and would like a good protectant for exterior trim and dash.
This is the first post for me and excited to be a new member of this great forum!
Thanks for all your help!

mjlinane
06-28-2012, 01:50 PM
Welcome to AGO!!

Most 'cleaners' don't protect but some 'protectants' have cleaners. Should always protect vinyl, rubber and leather. If they are in good shape, something like Megs QID should do you.

mwoolfso
06-28-2012, 01:51 PM
I use Vinylex and PERL. I like Vinylex a lot and with PERL I only used it one time so will have a better perspective after the second or third attempt with it.

TimmyG
06-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Perl is by far my most favorite trim product. For the price, the value is simply through the roof. I love Ultima too, but I think Perl is a better value.

Just make sure you clean the trim well with some diluted APC and wipe dry before applying it.