PDA

View Full Version : How to get a better pop

pyles1735
06-28-2012, 01:36 AM
With 4th of July coming and hopefully a good sale. I'm wanting to up the shine value on my car.

I would prefer to spend less than $100 for the materials. As for my paint condition it is fairly good maybe a few swirls here and there below the beltline. Other then that it doesn't have any scratches or needed paint correction.

I don't have a DA or buffer so that limits what I can do. But, any product recomendations? I can't name the exact color of my car but its basically a generic looking silver.

Sent from my Desire HD using AG Online

RoadRageDetail
06-28-2012, 02:52 AM
BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Kit, car wax kit (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-midnight-sun-kit.html)

I'm a big fan of most Blackfire products. And this kit is probably the best bang for the buck on AG right now. Plus its on sale!!!

mwoolfso
06-28-2012, 04:29 AM
This is what I used to sell my '95 Saturn last year; sold it within a week of advertising it on Craigslist.

2-3 Microfiber Applicators (I also like P21S Foam applicators)
Mother's Clay Bar System
Mother's Step 1 - Pre-wax Cleaner
Mother's Step 2 - Glaze/Sealant
Mother's Step 3 - Carnauba Wax

If you want even cheaper, with one less step then replace Mother's Step 1 & 2 with Mother's Synthetic Wax (which has light cleaners in it). Everything above is probably under $50 and you do not need a DA for them. When I did my car the P21 foam applicators became filthy; so doing it by hand will work just fine for your sale plan

pyles1735
06-28-2012, 11:24 AM
A few of topic questions...

What is a good wax for tires? And how many microfiber towels do you have and what do you se each one for?

I didn't see the point on starting a new thread for 2 small questions.

john b
06-28-2012, 11:59 AM
what you want to do is look for tire dressings and wheel sealants.there are many posts on those two product categories

cleanmycorolla
06-28-2012, 12:25 PM
A few of topic questions...

What is a good wax for tires? And how many microfiber towels do you have and what do you se each one for?

I didn't see the point on starting a new thread for 2 small questions.

I have about 75 MicroFiber towels, each has it own purpose, or should I say each set of them has their own purpose. Some for interiors, some fore exteriors, some for engines, soem for wheel wells, some for wheels.

How many, and what you do with you mif's is totally up to you!

ARizzle
06-28-2012, 04:16 PM
I have about 75 MicroFiber towels, each has it own purpose, or should I say each set of them has their own purpose. Some for interiors, some fore exteriors, some for engines, soem for wheel wells, some for wheels.

How many, and what you do with you mif's is totally up to you!

Pics? Im interested in seeing all those MFs lol