PDA

View Full Version : Help please - I've been out of the loop for a while

spindoc
06-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Hey all - I haven't been on this forum in almost 3 years, and I'm wondering what detailing products have come out since then that I might be interested in. Basically with my last purchases I got big value-sized containers that have lasted a while and now I'm running out of stuff.

My main criteria for products are ease of use, value, and effectiveness. Here's what I've been using:

Car wash: DP Xtreme (I think, container is now gone) in a Foamaster foam gun, applied with a white/yellow ShMITT. Dry using California Water Blade and synthetic chamois (like a P21S Drying Towel). Seal with Zaino C8 Clear Seal.

Wheels: Eagle One or Black Magic foaming all wheel cleaner applied with black ShMITT, followed by Eagle One Keep Clean Wheel.

Tires and interior: Vinylex.

Leather: Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner.

Other: Poorboy's World waterless wash, DP Final Gloss QD, Pinnacle Souveran liquid spray wax, Tarminator, Safe Scrub bug and tar pad, One Grand glass cleaner.

I think that's about it. So what would you recommend as these run out? Thanks in advance.

rider9195
06-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Hundreds of new products have came out. Plus some new technology.

My favorite car shampoos are Blackfire Wet Diamond Conditioning Shampoo and Duragloss 901. The two most easy to use washes in my opinion and the Duragloss is also reasonably priced. Pick up some chenille microfiber mitts to wash with and two grit guards for your buckets. For drying toss the water blade, it's just scratching your paint. Stay with a MF waffle weave drying towel.

For wheel cleaners I use Meguiar's APC+ 10:1. But if you're wheels are that dirty you can use regular car soap with wheel brush such as the Daytona. For the tires I dress them with Chemical Guys VRP for a nice low sheen. DP Gloss Tire Gel is another great choice.

For the interior I use Chemical Guys Inner Clean on the dash, door panels and any plastic surface. It's a interior quick detailer that removes dust and protects the surface with UV protection. I have been using CG Leather Conditioner for my leather seats. Sprayaway glass cleaner has become my favorite for glass cleaning.

For sealants and wax i like Blackfire Wet Diamond as my sealant and Blackfire Midnight Sun as my wax. A killer combo that creates whiplash!

For maintaining that shine I use Duragloss Aquawax after each wash to boost my current protection.

Blackthorn One
06-28-2012, 12:14 AM
I would say that Optimum Polymer Technologies Opti Coat 2.0 is the most revolutionary product to come out since detailing clay in the 80's. It is a permanent polymer coating that is like a second, more durable layer of clear coat for your car that goes on with an applicator.
They also reformulated their Opti Seal, Power Clean,Optimum No Rinse and their polishes to be even better than before.

For leather, I would use Leatherique. It's what the Smithsonian uses.

spindoc
06-28-2012, 10:58 PM
OK, thanks for the replies. So far I'm thinking Duragloss Car Wash, Chemical Guys Inner Clean, and Lexol Premium 3-in-1 leather care spray. Any other recommendations for quick, easy and good value?