PDA

View Full Version : Seal then wax or vice-versa?

daveCFPrez
04-02-2007, 06:30 PM
looking to use my pinnacle sealer and wax but not sure which to use first or if there is an advantage to using one before the other... looked around the autogeek.net pages but didn't see anything that confirmed one before the other.

suggestions?
thanks!

dave

ScottB
04-02-2007, 06:40 PM
sealants come before waxes ... dont remember Pinnacle offering a sealer ?? Did you mean polish ??

nick19
04-02-2007, 06:41 PM
You have it right; Sealant then Wax.

A sealant won't bond correctly to a carnuba surface.

A tip, use an acrylic cleaner like Klasse AIO to get maxium durability of the sealant. That said, sealants bond a lot better to an acrylic surface than a regular surface.

-Nick :cheers:

bambo2888
04-02-2007, 06:58 PM
since me saying it means more... seal then wax, lol,

now you'll probably do the opposite, haha.

you should do the wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant and then some souveran or SSII. good luck!

Nuke33
04-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Seal before Wax and dont forget to have FUNNN

daveCFPrez
04-02-2007, 08:05 PM
sorry about that... its the WOLFGANG sealant...

for now, I just waxed her... I figure if the Seattle weather stays true, I'll seal and wax right before I have a meet up with the car group I'm a part of.

thanks!
dave

FloridaNative
04-02-2007, 08:14 PM
sorry about that... its the WOLFGANG sealant...

for now, I just waxed her... I figure if the Seattle weather stays true, I'll seal and wax right before I have a meet up with the car group I'm a part of.

thanks!
dave

I recommend 2 coats to ensure a good coverage. Let the WG cure 12 hours between coats. Then after the second coat is done curing, you can top it with your wax. :) Happy detailing. :)

supercharged
04-02-2007, 08:20 PM
You have it right; Sealant then Wax.

A sealant won't bond correctly to a carnuba surface.

A tip, use an acrylic cleaner like Klasse AIO to get maxium durability of the sealant. That said, sealants bond a lot better to an acrylic surface than a regular surface.

:iagree: :iagree:

BlackCoupe
04-03-2007, 11:15 PM
That said, sealants bond a lot better to an acrylic surface than a regular surface.

Not sure what you mean by "regular" surface.

nick19
04-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Not sure what you mean by "regular" surface.
A surface not prepped by an Acrylic cleaner... hope that helps clearify.

sparkie
04-04-2007, 03:58 AM
I think Gary is on to something!
New Showroom Shine!
Wolfgang DGPS, Natty's Blue and last Liquid Souveran.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/5167-1985-corvette-detail-phase-iii-i-2-a.html
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Vette_LS1.jpg