PDA

View Full Version : Finally joined the community

GoldClassMobile
06-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Hello everyone!

I am from Melbourne Fl and just started Gold Class Mobile Detail. I have been detailing on and off for 18 years now. This is, however, my first go at running my own detail business.

I started stocking up my garage with all the chemicals and tools of the trade about a year ago. I have a very large collection of what I know works well for me and also stuff I have never used but found great reviews on from this very community. I have been sneaking in here like a ninja for almost as long as I have been stock piling my garage. I thought it would only be fair to join in with all of you fellow enthusiasts and interact rather than sit on the sidelines.

I am here to share what knowledge I have and to gain some insight on the business side of things and also to learn new methods and tricks from other people like myself. I am a very hard worker and have always loved detailing those cars that would make most detailers run for the hills. (you all know the type)

I was really never able to make a good living working in shops for other people. I have run dealership shops and also ran a solo shop for many years under someone else's cape. I have been in the building industry for a long time now and the truth is I cant make a steady paycheck at that now either.

I have always had the equipment to bust out that clean car from the constraints of years of neglect and have always loved doing it. I was always able to make good money on the side detailing, so I mustered up the courage to take on the responsibility of owning a business. I must admit, the day I picked up that license, I felt all warm and fuzzy inside.

My wife and I have made many sacrifices along the way, and just as many mistakes. We are both new to owning and running a business so I am sure there will be many more challenging times ahead.

Please take the time to check out our web page and let me know what you think of it, comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

GoldClassMobileDetail.com

Mike Phillips
06-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Hi Jeremy,

Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

Great introduction! I'm confident you'll find the AGO forum a valuable resource for reaching your goals and creating your own success...

:dblthumb2:

p.s.

I edited your post and broke up the huge block of text into smaller bites to make it easier to read. Sometimes huge chunks of text are hard to read on a monitor and people will tend to "click" away versus struggle to read.

:)

Ray@Autogeek
06-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Welcome to AGO!

I checked out your website and have two quick suggestions:

1. Add more media - People love pictures and hate to read. The more pictures and videos displaying your work, the more potential customers will turn into actual sales. Before and after shots are always popular.

2. Fix the main banner image - I'm being a little picky here but it looks like your phone number is cutoff at the bottom of the main banner. I took a look at your code and the "Div Container" that holds your main banner image measures at 956x251 with 2px's of padding. While your image measures at 954x249. With the numbers sitting at the bottom of your banner image, this gives you the 4px overlap. The gradient on the numbers also enhance the "cutoff".

rider9195
06-27-2012, 04:34 PM
Welcome to Autogeek Online!