PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang polishing system

Blitz
06-27-2012, 07:46 AM
Hi All,

I've been lurking around the forums for a while soaking up the knowledge so thought I'd finally register.

My wife has just brought a new car and i've caught the detailing bug wanting to know all there is to keeping it looking great. The car itself was actually sitting at the dealers for a month or so and probably not treated the best. I can see slight swirl marks and water spots in the black paint so thought I'd make sure I'm going down the right path.

I brought the Wolfgang exterior car care kit and interior kit to begin with as I thought this would be the best start. The two main polishers in the kit are the polish enhancer and deep gloss sealant 3.0. Will these two products do the job to really bring out the shine and are there any other tips I need to know?

Cheers
Andrew

Setec Astronomy
06-27-2012, 08:04 AM
That Paintwork Polish Enhancer is going to have a minimal effect on your swirls. Better to add in the Total Swirl Remover. Will you be working by hand or machine?

ricky s
06-27-2012, 08:59 AM
For swirls and oxidation, that's not going to be enough to get them out. You would want to use the Wolfgang Duo (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-car-polishes-8oz.html) (Total Swirl Remover 3.0 & Finishing Glaze 3.0) You can use the sealant as your LSP.

nrsk4u
06-27-2012, 09:08 AM
For swirls and oxidation, that's not going to be enough to get them out. You would want to use the Wolfgang Duo (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-car-polishes-8oz.html) (Total Swirl Remover 3.0 & Finishing Glaze 3.0) You can use the sealant as your LSP.

:iagree:

Here is a quick before and after of my door after using the WGTSR and WGFG with a Flex 3401......Good luck with your new car! :dblthumb2:

Blitz
06-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the response guys, that paint correction on the door is awesome!

My DA polisher arrived this morning which I'm stoked about. It also came with a sample back of Menzerna polish 500,2500 and 4000. I also see that this is fully compatible with wolfgang products so that's a bonus.

Seeing that my swirls marks aren't as bad as nrsk4u pics I think I'll use the 2500 followed by the 4000 and then finish of with the WGDGS. Does sound about right?

Cheers
Andrew

mwoolfso
06-27-2012, 06:22 PM
I would test just the 4000 on a test spot after you wash and clay. Odds are leaning towards needing the 2500 and the first test will prove it.

Lastly, tell the dealer to NOT wash the vehicle or you will likely get more swirls added.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Mc'lovin
06-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Hi,

Which car is it? What year?

If it is has soft paint and the swirls are light, Menzerna's SF4000 just might be all you need. But you might need more aggressive products if it has rock hard paint (if it's a BMW for example).

In any case, start with the least aggressive method as Mike Phillips eloquently explains here:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/28505-use-least-aggressive-product-get-job-done.html

Blitz
06-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Yeah I think you're all right. I will start with the lightest one first.

Unfortunately the the dealer already had the car for a couple of months (it was originally ordered for someone else but they cancelled) so it has been sitting inside and outside during that time.

The car is a black Alfa Mito with leather interior and sunroof.

Cheers