PDA

View Full Version : Nuba over Sealant and back again ?

Largebore
06-27-2012, 05:45 AM
I have a couple of coats of Wolfgang sealant on my wifes car. I just put some Soveregn on as a top coat. I understand that is ok.

[1] Now what if I want to put on another coat of sealant in a month or two ? Do i need to clay and remove the sealant ?

[2] Does Fuzion behave just like soveregn over wg sealant or can it be applied over the sealant because it is supposed to be a hybrid with polymers

mwoolfso
06-27-2012, 05:58 AM
Re-claying after 4-8 weeks depends on how much embedded contaminates you think the car would have been exposed to and passed the protection layers. A pre-wax cleaner may be the better avenue; which would also remove the sealant and wax. As a general rule, sealants bond to sealants or paint, not wax layers.

All that said, it is your car so you can do whatever you want. Practice makes perfect!

Fuzion and Souveran would behave the same way since they are waxes.

Largebore
06-27-2012, 06:00 AM
Re-claying after 4-8 weeks depends on how much embedded contaminates you think the car would have been exposed to and passed the protection layers. A pre-wax cleaner may be the better avenue; which would also remove the sealant and wax. As a general rule, sealants bond to sealants or paint, not wax layers.

All that said, it is your car so you can do whatever you want. Practice makes perfect!

Fuzion and Souveran would behave the same way since they are waxes.

Ok, pre-wax cleaner will work. Thanks