PDA

View Full Version : Would you get this for a Mobile Detailing Vehicle? Why or Why Not?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bates Detailing
06-27-2012, 02:32 AM
Alright Agians - Need you honest opinion here,

Gonna trade the truck in and buy two new detailing vehicles -

A.......

http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/toyota_prius.jpg

and a.....

http://motoburg.com/images/ford-e-150-02.jpg

My main question is about the Prius! From my stand point, 48 miles per gallon will save B & B 7,000 a year on fuel cost...... but would that be a damper on image? I have had mixed reviews from friends and family - what do you guys think? It would mainly be for rental car companies, far out jobs, and to quote jobs?!?!!?!?!?!

bl3ujay07
06-27-2012, 02:57 AM
I do really like the prius. Plus, 7,000 in fuel?!! Wouldn't it kind of pay for itself? I don't think it will "damper" the company's image. 7000/year!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

magna_power
06-27-2012, 03:45 AM
You're going to save $140 a week in fuel, how much do you currently spend??? And how far do you drive!!!

craz0boy
06-27-2012, 04:21 AM
Sounds like a good trade to me! Ive been thinking bout trading in my truck as well. You could even get the Prius a car wrap advertising your biz

snellvilleauto
06-27-2012, 04:31 AM
Just like anything, you can easily pimp that thing up. Go for it bro!

steve swafford
06-27-2012, 07:25 AM
:dblthumb2:I'd go for it too! You could really set that Prious off with a B&B wrap. The Ford will be a workhorse giving you many years of service plus you can have more security for the stuff.

bsirbu
06-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Ugh...the Prius is such a douche of a car. I'd get a Golf TDI with stick and enjoy driving. To each his own though.

rider9195
06-27-2012, 08:00 AM
I'm not a fan of the Prius, but I also can't turn down 40 MPG. Soms people will see that you care about the environment and that might get your some return customers.

Flannigan
06-27-2012, 08:19 AM
It's hard to give a response without knowing more information. do you own the truck you are trading in? If not, what is your monthly payment? Is the payment going to go up or down with the Prius? Can you fit all of your supplies in a Prius? Being a new, more expensive car, is the insurance going to go up if you buy the Prius? Do you get some sort of tax break for buying a hybrid vehicle?

There are a lot more questions that need answers before someone could say if this is a good idea or not.

Bates Detailing
06-27-2012, 08:27 AM
I do really like the prius. Plus, 7,000 in fuel?!! Wouldn't it kind of pay for itself? I don't think it will "damper" the company's image. 7000/year!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

It seems like it would pay for itself..... kind of curious about maintenance though?

You're going to save $140 a week in fuel, how much do you currently spend??? And how far do you drive!!!

Lol - YES! The work truck and the work van each are horrible on gas and we top them off every 3 to 4 days :/ @ 60 to 80 bucks each go around. We service all of Middle TN.

Sounds like a good trade to me! Ive been thinking bout trading in my truck as well. You could even get the Prius a car wrap advertising your biz

Yeah - we would definitely get it half wrapped if we get it......... I think it has potential.

Just like anything, you can easily pimp that thing up. Go for it bro!

hhhmmmm - pimp it out with a ladder rack lol!

:dblthumb2:I'd go for it too! You could really set that Prious off with a B&B wrap. The Ford will be a workhorse giving you many years of service plus you can have more security for the stuff.

You still can't beat a van for sure - this will give us two e-150's then the possible ?Prius?.

Ugh...the Prius is such a douche of a car. I'd get a Golf TDI with stick and enjoy driving. To each his own though.

This is exactly why Im asking lol, got a few of these type of comments from some friends.

I'm not a fan of the Prius, but I also can't turn down 40 MPG. Soms people will see that you care about the environment and that might get your some return customers.

True

ALOT more positives it seems than negatives so far..... hmmm, making me feel better about the possible choice - any other thoughts?

Bates Detailing
06-27-2012, 08:30 AM
It's hard to give a response without knowing more information. do you own the truck you are trading in? If not, what is your monthly payment? Is the payment going to go up or down with the Prius? Can you fit all of your supplies in a Prius? Being a new, more expensive car, is the insurance going to go up if you buy the Prius? Do you get some sort of tax break for buying a hybrid vehicle?

There are a lot more questions that need answers before someone could say if this is a good idea or not.

True man - I think if the back seats are takin out there will be plenty of room for interior supplies and or testing supplies. I've detailed a couple before and they are roomy in the back IMO. It will be bought straight out so no payments are involved. Tax break - hmmm seems like something good to look into!

feslope
06-27-2012, 08:32 AM
Ugh...the Prius is such a douche of a car. I'd get a Golf TDI with stick and enjoy driving. To each his own though.Please share your experience with the Prius that qualifies you to make such a statement.

Welcome to the forum.

tampatopless
06-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Try out the 4-cylinder Transit Connect by Ford if you are going the van route. Traded in all of my company's E-150 and E-250s cargo vans and bought about 10 of these. They are unbelievable. Great storage. They have a bin system as well. You can almost stand up in them. Lower cargo area, easy to load stuff in an out. Payload of about 1600 lbs. Get about 40 miles to the gallon. Cost my fuel costs in half. Vehicles pay for themselves in about 2.5 years.

tampatopless
06-27-2012, 10:11 AM
They also have this terrific rear quarter panel that is perfect for displaying logos, company artwork.

Bates Detailing
06-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Try out the 4-cylinder Transit Connect by Ford if you are going the van route. Traded in all of my company's E-150 and E-250s cargo vans and bought about 10 of these. They are unbelievable. Great storage. They have a bin system as well. You can almost stand up in them. Lower cargo area, easy to load stuff in an out. Payload of about 1600 lbs. Get about 40 miles to the gallon. Cost my fuel costs in half. Vehicles pay for themselves in about 2.5 years.

Nice - reasonable price too! Thanx for the tip man - may look into them a bit deeper :dblthumb2: