PDA

View Full Version : What pads should I buy?

Jmoran
06-26-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm buying the Griots Garage 6 inch Random Orbital Polisher and I was wondering what pads I should buy? Also what's a good Swirl remover or polish that can remove a bunch of swirls successfully, thanks in advance! I'm looking forward to the replies! :xyxthumbs:

cleanmycorolla
06-26-2012, 10:50 PM
You should go to some of the thread in the show car garage section and watch Mike's videos, they'll give you everything you need.

However, you should get some 5 1.2" flat pads, and if you're a newbie to this, try the wolfgang duo, as they're pretty easy for newbies, I used them when I started machine polishing, great way to learn. Maybe even use an AIO to start getting the basic of machine polishing.

CWallace
06-27-2012, 12:06 AM
You should go to some of the thread in the show car garage section and watch Mike's videos, they'll give you everything you need.

However, you should get some 5 1.2" flat pads, and if you're a newbie to this, try the wolfgang duo, as they're pretty easy for newbies, I used them when I started machine polishing, great way to learn. Maybe even use an AIO to start getting the basic of machine polishing.

+1
I'm also fairly new, got a few cars under my belt now... i've started w/ the LC 5.5" flat pads 2 orange, 3 white, 2 black, and 2 blue. Also used the wolfgang duo as my first polishes. Since then i've started using XMT 360 AIO on my customer details and have been very happy with the results as have they!!!

Buckskincolt
06-27-2012, 12:21 AM

+1
I'm also fairly new, got a few cars under my belt now... i've started w/ the LC 5.5" flat pads 2 orange, 3 white, 2 black, and 2 blue. Also used the wolfgang duo as my first polishes. Since then i've started using XMT 360 AIO on my customer details and have been very happy with the results as have they!!!

Keep in mind when you get the 5.5" pads you also need a 5" backing plate.

I agree on the 5.5 pads and the Wolfgang polishes, great combo!:props:

Kevin Cullen
07-12-2012, 10:08 PM
I have a Griots 6 inch polisher as well. I use the 6.5 inch pads and it works great. I use Lake Country pads with the dimples. They don't seem to gum up like the flat pads do.