PDA

View Full Version : How do mobile detailers deal with the sun?

Toy_Cam_Ed
06-26-2012, 09:58 PM
This is a big concern of mine since I will be a mobile detailer. How do people deal with detailing in the sun? I'm in the Atlanta area and have to deal with very hot summers and intense sunshine. My car gets so hot that you could fry a thick steak on it.

A canopy is not really an option since the bigger ones require 2 people to set up, and I'm not about to ask my customers to help me. How do people detail in the sun successfully?

Bates Detailing
06-26-2012, 10:00 PM
I will be in Atlanta on Sunday and Monday and could swing by and show you some tips and tricks man if you'd like?!?!

Kristopher1129
06-26-2012, 10:03 PM
I would take him up on that. :dblthumb2:

Toy_Cam_Ed
06-26-2012, 10:12 PM
I will be in Atlanta on Sunday and Monday and could swing by and show you some tips and tricks man if you'd like?!?!
That would be awesome. I'm actually about 18 miles north of atlanta in marietta. But it's not too far from I-75. I'll PM you my cell # and we'll talk about this. Thanks a bunch.

Toy_Cam_Ed
06-26-2012, 10:17 PM
@ B&B: your inbox is full, so I can't PM you. My # is seven seven zero six two four six three seven four. Thanks.

cleanmycorolla
06-26-2012, 10:48 PM
@ B&B: your inbox is full, so I can't PM you. My # is seven seven six four seven four. Thanks.

word to the wise, don't list your number on the internet, edit your post and wait until his inbox isn't full. might get some weirdo calling late night breathing heavy just throwing your number out there:dblthumb2:

RoadRageDetail
06-26-2012, 11:05 PM
OOOOOooooOoOoOOoooooo another number to add to my drunk dial list :D
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd129/Road_Rage_Photos/latenitecaller.png

What exactly do you plan on doing in the sun? Washing? Polishing? Waxing?

Most of the time I don't have a choice other than to wash in the sun before bringing it in a garage to do corrections. However, I usually hose the car down like a madman to cool it best i can before putting a hand on it. And I also work in smaller sections than normal to aid me in keeping the paint I am touching as cool as possible.

It is always a bad idea and very risky to attempt polishing or waxing in direct sunlight.

Toy_Cam_Ed
06-26-2012, 11:34 PM
word to the wise, don't list your number on the internet, edit your post and wait until his inbox isn't full. might get some weirdo calling late night breathing heavy just throwing your number out there:dblthumb2:
My # is always on craigslist 24/7, and never have a problem there, so I'm not worried here. I spelled out the numbers just so bots won't pick up on it and text me.

ExpressDetail
06-26-2012, 11:40 PM
My # is always on craigslist 24/7, and never have a problem there, so I'm not worried here. I spelled out the numbers just so bots won't pick up on it and text me.
Yeah if you are posting on CL you sure are at most risk there.

Bates Detailing
06-27-2012, 02:06 AM
I would take him up on that. :dblthumb2:

Thanx man - good to see you on hear again :props:

That would be awesome. I'm actually about 18 miles north of atlanta in marietta. But it's not too far from I-75. I'll PM you my cell # and we'll talk about this. Thanks a bunch.

Yeah man... I pass Marietta - may need to be on Monday though, maybe afternoon - I'll hit you up :dblthumb2: