PDA

View Full Version : Tried Aquawax today. :)

Pages : [1] 2 3

BrandonJ
06-26-2012, 04:36 PM
I have tried 360 OCW and now aquawax. The stuff is SLICK!! looks great. Slickness is hands down better than the previous two. Looks I say are a toss up I may lean towards optimum car wax in the looks. I did however polish last week with dg 501 and then washed today with dg 901 so maybe that all played into the slickness factor. either way aquawax just took the top spot for me in spray wax/sealants!!

davidc
06-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Maybe it is just me but the Aqua Wax seems to look better the next morning. Some say it is the cross linking of the polymers. You may also want to try the DG No Rinse 932 which has Aqua Wax in it.

Dave

BobbyG
06-26-2012, 05:34 PM
After some prodding and encouragement from several kind and caring members here I finally tried Duragloss Aquawax..............WOW :eek: :eek: :eek:

How could anyone not like and be impressed with this product!! :props:

Mc'lovin
06-26-2012, 05:46 PM
After some prodding and encouragement from several kind and caring members here I finally tried Duragloss Aquawax..............WOW :eek: :eek: :eek:

How could anyone not like and be impressed with this product!! :props:

Hi Bobby,

Have you tried OCW or XMT 360 spray wax and can offer a comparison? Which would be the superior one in your eyes?

bobble
06-26-2012, 05:59 PM
I've used both OCW and AW. I prefer the AW for slickness and looks. The OCW I had to be fair was an older version and had some streaking issues. I also like the fact that I can use the AW after I blow 90% of the water off the car and then mist around with it. Never tried 360 so no comparison there. IMO both are great toppers and monthly maintenance spray waxes, it;s up to personal preference I like all DG products I have ever tried.

wangotango
06-26-2012, 07:12 PM
I have recently been using GG spray on wax after I blade my cars. really amazing how it adds to the depth of paint. I have of course recently polished, sealed, and waxed the mutha' too. Always been curious about Aquawax.
Everyone seems to love it.
Is it a "typical" spray on wax?
Are all spray on waxes (typically) used after a good wash?
I thought spray on wax was just a detailer with more guts.

BobbyG
06-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Hi Bobby,

Have you tried OCW or XMT 360 spray wax and can offer a comparison? Which would be the superior one in your eyes?

Yes I have! :props:

If I had to state the order of performance it would be:

Optimum Car Wax
Duragloss Aquawax
XMT 360 Spray Wax

davidc
06-26-2012, 07:23 PM
I have recently been using GG spray on wax after I blade my cars. really amazing how it adds to the depth of paint. I have of course recently polished, sealed, and waxed the mutha' too. Always been curious about Aquawax.
Everyone seems to love it.
Is it a "typical" spray on wax?
Are all spray on waxes (typically) used after a good wash?
I thought spray on wax was just a detailer with more guts.

It is really not a wax but a sealant. I have used Aqua Wax after washing and like a quick detailer. It works excellent both ways, it is nice for door jambs also.

Dave

HotRodJoe
06-26-2012, 07:26 PM
I'm a big fan of it. I can put it on black in the sun and not streak (if I'm reasonably quick and careful). Great for a car show.

swanicyouth
06-26-2012, 07:29 PM
I love OCW for my light blue SUV. But on my black car it "ghosts" or sweats too much. I've been using Meg's Quick Wax, UWW, and Opti Detailer with no issues on the black car. How is Aquawax on black?? I can't find any locally, have to add it to my next AG order.

rider9195
06-26-2012, 07:32 PM
My favorite spray sealant! Love how I can get it locally as well.

davidc
06-26-2012, 07:33 PM
I love OCW for my light blue SUV. But on my black car it "ghosts" or sweats too much. I've been using Meg's Quick Wax, UWW, and Opti Detailer with no issues on the black car. How is Aquawax on black??

I use it on my daughters Mid Night blue metallic with no issues even in the sun in Arizona.

Dave

wangotango
06-26-2012, 09:23 PM
davidc - so these "spray on waxes" can be used in between details as is or right after a wash? Or a quick LSP of sorts?

olbear1962
06-26-2012, 09:28 PM
A BIG fan of aquawax!! buy it by the gallon!! makes my Black F150 "Wet"!!

BTLew81
06-26-2012, 11:54 PM
One of my all time favorite products. I use it as a drying aid almost every wash. I've got 501/105 on my car. Two months in with regular AW wax gives me a bulletproof combo. Makes me wonder if I will ever use anything else.