PDA

View Full Version : polish paste on soft paint

faisal
06-26-2012, 03:14 PM
Hi dear what is solution when i start polishing in some japanies car polish sstick on body like paste

Andy6228
06-27-2012, 07:31 AM
Faisal please explain your question in greater detail. What steps have you taken prior to having a problem? Wash, clay etc. what product, pad and process are you using when you have your problem? Pictures are always helpful

Setec Astronomy
06-27-2012, 07:40 AM
Faisal, are you talking about the "self-healing" paint used on some Nissan products?

Also, the "dear" greeting doesn't go over so well with some members, perhaps "hi guys" or "hi members" or "hi Autogeeks" will serve you better.

mwoolfso
06-27-2012, 07:42 AM
Without knowing more than the scant info you provided it is not likely the type of car that is affecting the polish. Could be the product itself in some way or human error in some form

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

BillE
06-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Faisal, are you talking about the "self-healing" paint used on some Nissan products?

Also, the "dear" greeting doesn't go over so well with some members, perhaps "hi guys" or "hi members" or "hi Autogeeks" will serve you better.

I'm think he may be from another country and using a 'translator'.

Bill

Setec Astronomy
06-27-2012, 08:00 AM

Yes, I'm aware of that, but some members took offense to that greeting when he used it in the chatbox, so I'm trying to save him some grief.

BillE
06-27-2012, 08:15 AM
Yes, I'm aware of that, but some members took offense to that greeting when he used it in the chatbox, so I'm trying to save him some grief.

I NOW understand. I normally don't see the chat-box.

Bill

mwoolfso
06-27-2012, 09:51 AM

Bill

That clears up a few things. Hopefully we can help this person.

milky
06-27-2012, 12:42 PM
^ I saw it in the chatbox, the guys over there are quite funny :D

Faisal, I'm guessing you are asking about why your polishes do not work on softer, especially Japanese paints, and become gummed up like paste? It does happen, they usually call it "sticky" paints- Subaru's and Honda's are known for that especially if you're using a rotary.

faisal
06-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Yes dear right this is my problem is polish sticky on body like honda car

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AG Online

faisal
06-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Also my question what mean of soft paint . Does it main clear coat has high solid or clear has problem ?

faisal
07-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Question about soft paint
I still confuse how i know soft paint from solid paint
Soft paint creat scratch even with microfiber so how to protect it

loudog2
07-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Question about soft paint
I still confuse how i know soft paint from solid paint
Soft paint creat scratch even with microfiber so how to protect it

Opti-coat will provide a harder layer over the soft paint. Try a wet MF towel to get the polish residue off after polishing, then wipe with a dry one after.