PDA

View Full Version : Detail ahead!

Pages : [1] 2

detailingkid
06-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Hey guys just stopping in for a quick question. Im not a complete rookie when it comes to car detailing so I know what I'm talking about to a degree. So I'm just asking what you think of this order and or your input. That car is my 2004 civic. The main problem areas are the hood, roof and hood of the trunk ( oxidation, water spots main problems)? Thanks for help and I hope to be apart of this great community for the long run!

1. 2 bucket wash meguiars good class
2. Meguiars c-2000 mild clay with quick detailer
3. Meguiars ultimate compound (by hand)
4. Meguiars ultimate polish (by hand)
5. Meguiars 7 show car glaze (by hand)
6. Meguiars 26 liquid wax (by hand)

Setec Astronomy
06-26-2012, 02:33 PM
I would skip step 5, and get a bottle of aspirin for the next day for your sore arm.

AutowerxDetailing
06-26-2012, 02:33 PM
First of all:
:welcome:

Your products look good. Even if you had a cheapo orbital wax spreader you will get better results than by hand with UC and UP. A DA like a PCXP would be even better.

Can't wait for the before/after pics!

detailingkid
06-26-2012, 02:39 PM
First of all:
:welcome:

Your products look good. Even if you had a cheapo orbital wax spreader you will get better results than by hand with UC and UP. A DA like a PCXP would be even better.

Can't wait for the before/after pics!

I was in auto zone the other day and was thinking about picking up one of the 30 dollars polishers. But I always read they are not worth it. Being 17 *sigh* doesn't leave me with a nice checking account.

detailingkid
06-26-2012, 02:39 PM
I would skip step 5, and get a bottle of aspirin for the next day for your sore arm.

I hope not lol. I think I'll be good

AutowerxDetailing
06-26-2012, 02:41 PM
I was in auto zone the other day and was thinking about picking up one of the 30 dollars polishers. But I always read they are not worth it. Being 17 *sigh* doesn't leave me with a nice checking account.

You gotta start somewhere! They get a bad wrap because they have such low power... but, trust me it's SO MUCH better than by hand.

Setec Astronomy
06-26-2012, 02:43 PM
I hope not lol. I think I'll be good

Oh, you're only 17...maybe you're still too young to get sore.

detailingkid
06-26-2012, 02:44 PM
You gotta start somewhere! They get a bad wrap because they have such low power... but, trust me it's SO MUCH better than by hand.

You're starting to convince me to waste a chunk of my check on one of them! I might have to now. I'll be doing this full detail in some days, waiting for a day where I'll get up bright and early

Setec Astronomy
06-26-2012, 02:48 PM

Don't do it! Save the $30 for a PC. You'll be fine by hand until then.

Toy_Cam_Ed
06-26-2012, 02:49 PM
More like morphine injections. Good luck to you, and let us know how your physical therapy/rehab is going.
:eek:

detailingkid
06-26-2012, 02:51 PM
More like morphine injections. Good luck to you, and let us know how your physical therapy/rehab is going.

Do you know a guy?

storm100
06-26-2012, 02:52 PM

:laughing::whs:

Toy_Cam_Ed
06-26-2012, 02:55 PM
but, trust me it's SO MUCH better than by hand.
Not really any better than by hand. In fact, those cheap polishers really don't do anything. I bought one a while back, and it did nothing to make my car look better. I resorted to doing it by hand, and while I got good results, both of my arms were pretty much useless for the next 11 days and counting. I'm still kicking myself for not just waiting until I got a machine. I guess some people have to learn things the hard way. (me)

Do you know a guy?
I wish.

AutowerxDetailing
06-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Don't do it! Save the $30 for a PC. You'll be fine by hand until then.

Yeah, I mean if you are on a limited budget it's sort of a coin flip. I got one on sale for like $15 bucks somewhere. It lasted about 20 cars spreading wax until the center bolt broke in half. It definitely cut down the time usually spent working by hand but yeah, if you are planning on getting a "real" DA soon like a PC just save your money.

detailingkid
06-26-2012, 03:06 PM
I forgot to ask should I wait a certain amount of times between the polishing/waxing steps