PDA

View Full Version : Washing microfiber

Pages : [1] 2

Hel1ion
06-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Hey Mike
Today I ran out of microfiber cleaner. My question is that will normal laundry detergent hurt my towels or should I use a product like DP pad rejuvinator.

Thanks

wysiwyg
06-26-2012, 02:22 PM
I use free and clear laundry detergent (any brand will work) to wash my microfiber towels.

Wors
06-26-2012, 02:42 PM
There are multiple posts to search on this topic. Below are some suggestions:

Wash MF Towels on Warm
- Use a soap that does not contain bleach or softner
- Add extra rinse cycle
- I have also read to add vinegar during final rinse

Dry on Low or Hang Dry
- Don't use softners

david79z28
06-26-2012, 04:54 PM
I use Tide free.

Works great or me.

DaHen
06-26-2012, 06:45 PM
I use Tide free.

Is that the one in the white container and states "free & gentle"?

(Always so darn many variations of one brand.)

Wors
06-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Yes, that is the one.

BobbyG
06-26-2012, 07:07 PM
I just did a review on Autopia Forums :props:

Blackfire Microfiber Cleaner - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum (http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/detailing-product-reviews/39747-blackfire-microfiber-cleaner.html)

Capa1970
06-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Excellent review, Bobby. Our main problem in Oklahoma is not so much getting the dirt and other junk out of the towels, but keeping the towels soft and gentle. They seem to stiffness some with age and I have been old that that is mainly because of the very hard water that we have here. Did you notice whether this product restored any softness?

DaHen
06-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Yes, that is the one.

Thanks muchly.....

:xyxthumbs:

swanicyouth
06-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Add vinegar during the final rinse. This makes my towels much softer and fluffier. I won't wash them without it. About 1/4 cup distilled white. Also, I wash them twice more (prior to the vinegar) with no soap. If you look in the machine on the final rinse of a second wash with no soap
, you will not believe how soapy the water is. IMHO it takes several rinses to get the detergent out, and left in the towels it can't be good. For detergent it use Tide Free. But how free is it? It doesn't state is doesn't have fabric softner in it, just colors and fragrance free. So, I'm thinking anything it leaves behind is removed on my 2 follow up soap less washes. Also dry on medium / no wrinkle heat. Since I adopted these methods, my towels have came out much softer, cleaner, and fluffier.

BobbyG
06-27-2012, 06:20 AM
Excellent review, Bobby. Our main problem in Oklahoma is not so much getting the dirt and other junk out of the towels, but keeping the towels soft and gentle. They seem to stiffness some with age and I have been old that that is mainly because of the very hard water that we have here. Did you notice whether this product restored any softness?

This was the first time I've tried the Blackfire product but the towels did come out of the dryer very soft. :props:

Like you, I always add about 1/4 cup of white vinegar to the rinse water and this maintains the softness. If I use Blackfire Microfiber Cleaner I may forgo the vinegar in the rinse cycle..

drewberg11
06-27-2012, 09:28 AM
Can you use vinegar in HE washers? I read on a few random sites that said it can ruin the rubber seals and hoses after a while.

Puckywuckums
08-20-2012, 06:02 AM
I used Griot's MF wash in my HE washer. Followed the directions. Towels seem very sticky and leave lots little fibers on finish. Anyone else have this problem? Washed the next time without it and used Baby Soft and they came out much better.

iceman978
08-20-2012, 08:53 AM
I use my front loader HE washer for my MF towels. I used the "hand wash" cycle on it with standard HE detergent and dry them on the "air dry" setting in the dryer. I've been doing this for the past two years and never had any issues with the towels being damaged or their surfaces degrading.

Buckskincolt
08-20-2012, 09:05 AM
This was the first time I've tried the Blackfire product but the towels did come out of the dryer very soft. :props:

Like you, I always add about 1/4 cup of white vinegar to the rinse water and this maintains the softness. If I use Blackfire Microfiber Cleaner I may forgo the vinegar in the rinse cycle..

I just did a review on Autopia Forums :props:

Blackfire Microfiber Cleaner - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum (http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/detailing-product-reviews/39747-blackfire-microfiber-cleaner.html)
:iagree::iagree:

If you haven't tried the bf wash you need to! This takes the hassle out of it. I use an HE front load washer and using this I no longer use vinegar. Towels come out super clean and very soft. You owe it to your towels to give it a try! :dblthumb2: