PDA

View Full Version : hellp!

carguy1589
06-26-2012, 08:55 AM
hey guys, hoping you can help me out, im detailing this car for a friend and she trashes her interior, now i dont know what the stains are from but i do know theyve been there for a while. Ive tried a couple things such as Groits carpet cleaner, and the hoover deep cleaner in my hot water carpet cleaner, and finally spot shot. Ive not had any luck help!!
thanks!

DeadlySheds
06-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Try folex. That stuff is pretty amazing.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

alko
06-26-2012, 09:16 AM
What kind of material is it? Presoak the are with folex and then agitate with an upholstry brush. Then hit it with your hot water carpet cleaner.

carguy1589
06-26-2012, 10:30 AM
i dont have the folex currently lol, im trying to find something i can pick up locally but not sure what kind of material it is but its in a 2010 kia sorrento, kinda crappy material

rider9195
06-26-2012, 10:32 AM
i dont have the folex currently lol, im trying to find something i can pick up locally but not sure what kind of material it is but its in a 2010 kia sorrento, kinda crappy material

Folex can be picked up at Lowes, Home Depot, or even your local hardware store.

Mike Phillips
06-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Here's a tip for the future...

How to write a good title for your thread (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/introduce-yourself/20306-how-write-good-title-your-post.html)

When you start a thread you'll need to write a Title for it, this is what everyone is going to see and hopefully >>click<< on in order to read your message. The title will be the words that show up on the Autogeek discussion forum homepage under "Recent Threads".

If you really want to get help on a question then one of the most important things you can do is write a GREAT Title. Take a few extra minutes to choose words that will tell the reader what your thread is about.

Here's an example of a GREAT title,

Need help removing water spots out of my car's paint by hand?

This will get you the best quality replies because it tells our forum members exactly what the topic is about and then our members with expertise on this topic will >>click<< on the link and do their best to answer your questions.

The above title says,

What the problem is
What you're working on
How you're going to apply products

Here's an example of a bad title,

Help!

Is kind of vague, actually it's really vague and it's competing against great titles, so it's not going to help you get the help you're hoping for and need.

Time is always precious, even on a discussion forum, we have a lot of talented and smart people on this forum but the last thing you want to do is make them guess what your topic is about. The last thing you want is for them to skip over your thread as you'll never get the benefit of their experience and wisdom.
We love it when people trust Autogeek for help, but help us to help you by writing a title for your thread that will tell us what it is you're working on, what the problem is and any other little details that will get you the right people with the right information replying to your questions.

:xyxthumbs:

rddmxmeth10
06-26-2012, 10:37 AM
Check Home Depot or Lowes. Home Depot has it for 15.99 for 128oz.

carguy1589
06-26-2012, 11:53 AM
i used the folex, it took out a couple of the marker stains i had, but i will know when it dries if it took out the other stains, i dont know what they are but they are like butt sweat or something lol, thanks again
and sorry for the crappy title, was in a bind and my great title went out the window

BobbyG
06-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Folex is a great cleaner and I recommend this as well.

This looks like a Ford interior. I did a Ford Escape last year that looked identical to this.

What might be happening here is the contaminate has migrated deeper in the foam and must be dissolved then extracted. Many of the seat fabrics of today seem perforated and from a users prospective great but there's a dark side to this design as well.

While a hot water extractor would work best, try working in the Folex with hot water then using a shop vac, vacuum as much of the soiled solution from it then repeat. The idea is to remove as much of the contamination from deep within the foam so repeating the task 3 or 4 times might help a lot.

Suction here in the key to success. :props:

Vegas Transplant
06-26-2012, 02:41 PM
...its in a 2010 kia sorrento, kinda crappy material

Be careful of pressure/duration while scrubbing.
The dye bond breaks down more readily on these perforated seats IME.
EDIT: as alluded to by BobbyG.