PDA

View Full Version : Lexol Users?

SC sid
06-26-2012, 12:04 AM
Well in the attempt to restore my interior to (NEW!!) am doing some research and found this out " use lexol leather cleaner a few years back untill I found out it can tare stitching and that it doesnt work that well." and wanted to know some feedback from you all because am concerned about purchasing this product and then later on my seats tear btw on a scale of 1-10 how would you rate it thanks

SonOfOC
06-26-2012, 12:11 AM
Lexol works very poor on most coated leathers. The cleaner is pratically useless, I get better cleaning with diluted OPC. The protectant is mediocre. Gets a 3 out 10.

There are many superior products now like Leatherique, Leather Master, and UIGP.

SC sid
06-26-2012, 12:13 AM
i heard the name leather master before does anybody have any experience with it is it good what is opc?

truckbutt
06-26-2012, 04:47 AM
i heard the name leather master before does anybody have any experience with it is it good what is opc?
OPC=Optimum Power Clean. Dilution is usually 3:1.

jfelbab
06-26-2012, 07:41 AM

IMO, Leather Masters is among the best leather care products in the US market.

BobbyG
06-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Well in the attempt to restore my interior to (NEW!!) am doing some research and found this out " use lexol leather cleaner a few years back untill I found out it can tare stitching and that it doesnt work that well." and wanted to know some feedback from you all because am concerned about purchasing this product and then later on my seats tear btw on a scale of 1-10 how would you rate it thanks

While there are arguably better leather care products on the market, I've used Lexol for years and have not once had it tear or contribute to stitching tears on leather seats or upholstery.

The stitching used on today's leather interiors is very strong, probably nylon, and the only way you'd tear it is to cut it either intentionally or accidentally. That said, if leather and it's stitching is ignored and abused year after year then you "might" possibly see it degrade or deteriorate enough to to fail in some way.

Leather

By the time we see the finish leather product in our car or truck, it's gone though several processes, dyed, and sealed to maintain its beauty and color. For the most part finished leather repels moisture and stains very well although it should be cleaned with a suitable solution on a regular basis.

Cleaning

To clean a leather interior I use a soap and water solution along with a terry-cloth towel and to thoroughly wash each section before drying and applying a topical treatment. If the grime is deep within the grain I'll use a medium brush and possibly a diluted all purpose cleaner for that added kick I need.

Lexol Conditioner is not a cleaner. This product keeps leather soft and re-hydrate's it in order for it to maintain it's looks and feel...

Use

Shake well, spray is on after the leather is clean and dry, rub it in with a terry-cloth towel, let it dry, then buff to a satin finish...very easy to use..

For what Lexol Conditioner is designed to do I'd rate this a solid 7....:props: