PDA

View Full Version : Removing Yellow Line Paint

lucky472
06-25-2012, 10:31 PM
My friend has a black mustang which is only 2 years old and ran over some fresh line paint and there is a fair amount of paint splatter behind two of his wheels on the car. Is it possible to remove this and what steps would you take

Divine Details
06-26-2012, 12:06 AM
It's not to hard in my experience. First try using a pressure washer. If that dosent work then I spray some undiluted meguiars d108 super degreaser on the paint then let it soak for a few minutes b4 hitting it with a pressure washer.
Hope it works for u

Chad@Divine Details

Divine Details
06-26-2012, 12:10 AM
What ever you do DO NOT use a clay bar it will remove some of the road paint but it will scratch the rest of the paint around it pretty bad. Don't ask how I know. :(

Chad@Divine Details

Agfan
06-26-2012, 12:26 AM
You may need something more aggressive then degreaser. Acetone was great and safe on paint. Just watch plastic areas.

James R.
06-26-2012, 04:29 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/51698-removal-road-paint.html

richy
06-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Tarminator works well for this. The sooner you do it hte better. Don't let it sit too long or your effort will quadruple!!

Kristopher1129
06-26-2012, 10:40 PM
Heat gun, acetone, clay bar. If it's real bad, I usually heat up the bulk of it and use a plastic chisel to thin it out a bit by removing the excess. Obviously don't scrape down to the factory paint.

Use the heat gun to soften the tough areas. Remove the excess with acetone.

If it's all up in the wheel wells, I would recommend just using a plastic die, or undercoating instead of trying to remove it. Use the clay bar only when you've gotten the bulk of it removed. The clay will easily pick up those left over stragglers.

Once you've got it all off the paint...tape off around the wheel wells, and spray the wells with the die or undercoating. it will look like it never happened.

Sometimes it's a piece of cake. Other times it's a huge pain in the ass. Depends how bad it is.