PDA

View Full Version : First time with pc 7424 hazing

blachatch
06-25-2012, 09:41 PM
First time with a porter cable 7424 with meguires 105 and 205 on a black car. Started out on the fender and it came out great, then moved onto the hood and there is a haze after using both compounds and not all of the swirls are coming out. There also seems to be alot of dust comping from the compounds while using it? Is that normal? Also what would cause hazing? Do you have to clean the pad off every few minutes?

Thanks

Buckskincolt
06-25-2012, 09:45 PM
First time with a porter cable 7424 with meguires 105 and 205 on a black car. Started out on the fender and it came out great, then moved onto the hood and there is a haze after using both compounds and not all of the swirls are coming out. There also seems to be alot of dust comping from the compounds while using it? Is that normal? Also what would cause hazing? Do you have to clean the pad off every few minutes?

Thanks
This is The reason I tell people starting out not to use the 105/205 polishes until they develope a good technique.

Buy some Menzerna or Wolfgang polishes and you will be much happier with your results IMO! :props:

Yes you must keep your pads clean, try cleaning on the fly. The 105/205 polishes do dust easy and when they dry they can cause hazing very easy. The splatter from 105 if allowed to dry can be like removing concrete.

rider9195
06-25-2012, 09:49 PM
This is The reason I tell people starting out not to use the 105/205 polishes until they develope a good technique.

Buy some Menzerna or Wolfgang polishes and you will be much happier with your results IMO! :props:

I agree. They definitely aren't the most user friendly. You may want to pick up a more fine polish such as PO85RD to finish on your black paint.

blachatch
06-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Ok what is the best for a first timer on a black car with moderate swirls

What should I buy to clean the pads

Vegas Transplant
06-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Try out the OPT MF Polishing Pad with the OPT Hyper Twins when dealing with soft paints.
Actually, I have gotten away with Hyper compound/finsh mf without hazing.
If you live anywhere near Bowie, Md., I'd be willing to let you check it out for yourself.

Buckskincolt
06-25-2012, 10:11 PM
IMO .... Wolfgang 8 oz. Swirl Remover Combo, Wolfgang polishes, total swirl remover, finishing glaze, machine glaze (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-swirl-removers.html)

What should I buy to clean the pads. These .... XMT Pad Care Combo <font size=2><i>by Pinnacle</i></font> (http://www.autogeek.net/xmtpadcacofs.html)

And read this!
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/20135-how-clean-your-foam-pad-fly-when-using-porter-cable-style-da-polisher.html

swanicyouth
06-25-2012, 10:11 PM

What should I buy to clean the pads

Wolfgang Twins, using orange and white pads worked for me (BMW Black Sapphire Metallic). You may want to order a yellow pad for difficult are(s). I've never used MF pads, just because of the reputation they have of removing more clear coat than foam.

Vegas Transplant
06-26-2012, 12:23 AM
... I've never used MF pads, just because of the reputation they have of removing more clear coat than foam.

My thought process exactly concerning MF pads ...until I realized that my maintenance customers vehicle would only receive 2 compounds at most - over the life of our detailing relationship.